Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife slid our '03 LTZ on ice and rolled it upside down in a ditch. Had it since 2009 and had 190K on it and a little rusted out under doors. Rear and drivers windows busted out and windshield all cracked up. Roof partially dented in and 1/4 of roof rack broke. Mirrors busted. Possibly repairable. Was upside down for over an hour so plugs would have to be pulled and cranked to blow excess oil out, etc. Insurance company wrote it off and gave me $3500 for it. Bought a 2015 Traverse LTZ which is nice but not the same. I miss my baby. And was attached to it like a family member. I wish I would have had it repaired.
Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Vehicle
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Snow Motor vehicle

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
She says she forgot all about using A4WD. Said road was clear until she hit that spot of black ice. Says vehicle started sliding into on coming traffic so she over corrected to the right and took the ditch. Had a goose egg on forehead when she dropped out of seat belt and bumped her head on steering wheel. Ok otherwise.

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
72 Posts
Glad you're wife's ok.
I don't miss driving on ice at all (3 yrs in MI).
Sorry for your loss.
TB doesn't look too worse for wear.
Shoot, if I were in college again, I'd make a panel van out of it and keep on truckin'. Only glass that matters is the fronts.
If it still starts and drives, it still worth money to someone - especially in today's market!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you're wife's ok.
I don't miss driving on ice at all (3 yrs in MI).
Sorry for your loss.
TB doesn't look too worse for wear.
Shoot, if I were in college again, I'd make a panel van out of it and keep on truckin'. Only glass that matters is the fronts.
If it still starts and drives, it still worth money to someone - especially in today's market!
Yeah should have kept it. Pretty upset about it. Insurance company offered to tow it to a body shop but decided it would have cost more than it was worth.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
284 Posts
My TB 08 also recently died in an accident. I have owned it since I was 11 and it really was a member of the family. Crazy truck driver, crashed into me when I was standing at a traffic light ...
The back of the car was just crushed.
Now I have a different car but I still miss him. I loved him and he never let me down.
But now he's gone :cry:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My TB 08 also recently died in an accident. I have owned it since I was 11 and it really was a member of the family. Crazy truck driver, crashed into me when I was standing at a traffic light ...
The back of the car was just crushed.
Now I have a different car but I still miss him. I loved him and he never let me down.
But now he's gone :cry:

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts