Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Installed!

Fresh powdercoat! Yum! Eric is prepping the sliders for the welding. The powdercoat looks quite tough, as it took him a few passes with the grinder before getting to bare metal.

Prepping the frame for welding:

Welding the sliders on... it took a bit of time, but Eric wanted it done right. He was very meticulous with his work. He's a certified structural welder and really knew what he was doing.

The welded on frame gussets (they were painted later to prevent rusting):

View from below of the installed slider.

Top view of the slider. It fits the vehicle lines perfectly.

Load test. Loading the outside beam with the (almost) full weight of the left side. ~1/4" of deflection

Eric is willing to do some sort of group purchase price for an initial batch. The details haven't been worked out yet though. I'll report back when I know prices and details of his offer.

Thoughts? :D

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Very, very nice. From my experience, you'll catch your pants cuff on them for a month or two before adjusting your instincts. Guess the body lift is now permanently deferred? (That's what keeps me from adding one now, in my weak moments when I forget why I originally decided against it.)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Very, very nice. From my experience, you'll catch your pants cuff on them for a month or two before adjusting your instincts. Guess the body lift is now permanently deferred? (That's what keeps me from adding one now, in my weak moments when I forget why I originally decided against it.)
Indeed, I'm going to have to come up with a new method of entry and egress from the vehicle. My natural instinct is to slide out of the seat, but it doesn't work as well as it used to now...

Yep, I decided the body lift was not worth the cost. If I'm going to throw more money at lifting, I'll stick to suspension. Especially since we have Icon coming into the picture, I think I'll be better off putting money there instead. Although, every once in a while my mind wanders and makes me think twice about not doing the body lift...

Of course, the sliders could always be hacked off and reattached at a higher location... it'd just take a bit of work, but Eric reassured me it could be done.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
It looks awesome James. Looks like you have opened up a new expense to us. Have to check my wallet pretty soon.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Indeed! I've been discussing a final price with Eric... you know trying to negotiate a good deal for you guys! :D

He's willing to knock down the price for mentioning my name, or even knocking the price down further for a group order. He's still figuring out the last details, then I will post up what he has to say... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just keep in mind that this is a very low volume, custom fabricated item. So don't expect it to be cheap. Plus, the powder coat adds in a bit extra to the price (I think Eric might offer a naked, paint yourself version too... for those of you wishing to save a few dineros).

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Just keep in mind that this is a very low volume, custom fabricated item. So don't expect it to be cheap. Plus, the powder coat adds in a bit extra to the price (I think Eric might offer a naked, paint yourself version too... for those of you wishing to save a few dineros).
i know it aint gunna be cheap... just hopign for not expensive... what bout a weld ur own kit lol

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh gotcha... yeah, it's a competitive price. Certainly fair.

I think Eric is willing to ship them, but he wanted to make sure they were welded by a certified structural welder. If you weld it yourself, I think it'd void the warranty (unless you're certified).

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Oh gotcha... yeah, it's a competitive price. Certainly fair.

I think Eric is willing to ship them, but he wanted to make sure they were welded by a certified structural welder. If you weld it yourself, I think it'd void the warranty (unless you're certified).
hahaha if anything i'll have the guys in the shop do it.. we are a structural steel company so they better be... and it was half joking... rather be able to get them and weld them to the frame rather then putting it all together lol

oh yea competitive pricing.. who is he competing against? lol

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
hahaha if anything i'll have the guys in the shop do it.. we are a structural steel company so they better be... and it was half joking... rather be able to get them and weld them to the frame rather then putting it all together lol
Oh, I thought you meant weld on... not weld together... no I don't think he will just provide parts, :laugh:.

oh yea competitive pricing.. who is he competing against? lol
He's competing against any other custom fab company (you don't have to pay for R&D with Eric). And trying to match the slider price for similar vehicles.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Oh, I thought you meant weld on... not weld together... no I don't think he will just provide parts, :laugh:.

He's competing against any other custom fab company (you don't have to pay for R&D with Eric). And trying to match the slider price for similar vehicles.
lol didnt think so lol..

i know i know...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
damn james, im gonna stop comming to the site for about 3 months till mine looks at damn good as yours, ill make you a deal, wanna take mine and ill take yours???

LMAO

very nice james, cant wait to see pics from TECORE

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Alright guys!

$595.00 includes fabrication, powdercoat, and install of the sliders!

Install is in Manassas, VA or Burtonsville, MD.

Eric can also ship the sliders to you, but there is no discount for not having them installed by Eric.

Email him at [email protected] to set up a purchase. Make sure you mention me by name to get the special discounted price!

As I said before, Eric is a great guy who really puts a lot of effort forth to produce a quality product. He's gone out on a limb here to support us and designed a VERY nice product for us. Lets try to show our support in return!

:grouphug:

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Alright guys!

$595.00 includes fabrication, powdercoat, and install of the sliders!

Install is in Manassas, VA or Burtonsville, MD.

Eric can also ship the sliders to you, but there is no discount for not having them installed by Eric.

Email him at [email protected] to set up a purchase. Make sure you mention me by name to get the special discounted price!

As I said before, Eric is a great guy who really puts a lot of effort forth to produce a quality product. He's gone out on a limb here to support us and designed a VERY nice product for us. Lets try to show our support in return!

:grouphug:
guess i'll have to find out ho wmuch shipping is... hmmm... mite have to wait a few weeks.. damn mora...

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
35 Posts
Hmm,, just down the street.. just have to convince the wife,, wait I don't think they will fit on mine... GRRRR.....:duh:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts