Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys-I just ordered front and rear Raybestos PG Plus Premium Semi-Metallic pads from Rock-Auto for $19.99 a set. Shipping was $9. It's a close-out sale, if you're looking for pads, these are great and an awesome price. I was going to pay $55 for a set locally.:woot:

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
That is a pretty good price. I'm keeping an eye out for a reasonable set of ceramics to eventually do mine. It'll be awhile before mine are due, but always gotta watch for the deals.

Good find

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. I ordered the pads online Friday afternoon and they were on my doorstep by lunch Saturday. Crazy fast!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to put my new pads on the other day and the ones that were on it were still about 65%. I couldn't believe it since we had a low pedal on the truck I thought they'd be down quite a bit. It turns out when I went to have the rotors turned, they were below the minumum thickness. Whoever had the truck before me had someone turn them too low. So I had to put on new rotors also.
Stopped great after that. BUT. The next day I had to make a hard emergency stop and then smelled hot brake after that. I pulled into the gas station and the passenger side caliper was sticking.:hissy: Not hard, but dragging. I think since the rotors were so thin, the pistons/seals in the caliper were used to being too far out. I have new ones on order, also from Rock Auto. $50 ea. for reman Raybestos. Hope to have them tomorrow. I also will have to sand down the glaze on that passenger side rotor/pads.

Anyone else ever had caliper issues on these trucks? Seems soon since it's an '04 and only has 46k on it.

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,321 Posts
I just got the Premium ceramic pads they had on "special" about 2 weeks ago, plus there was a rebate...the pads ran me $30 a set for the fronts, minus a Raybestos $8.50 rebate = $21.50.

Always click the "Promotions & Rebates" button at the top right of their web pages....save some $$. :yes:

(but stay away from the Fram one....junk oil filters :nono:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.