Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually ripped the plug off the oil pan because IT IS (stupidly) THE (stupid) LOWEST (stupid) PART (stupidly) UNDER (stupidly) THE (stupid) VEHICLE ... stupidly?

I haven't yet won the Stupid Of The Month Award ... but I wonder: even though I built another cover from some 3/16" diamond plate, I'm still cogetating if anyone actually HAS destroyed the oil pan, driving offroad or by running over, oh ... I dunnow .... perhaps a bicyclist wearing a helmet?

I mean ... it's just barely missing the white lines on the highway when I change lanes.

C'mon GM! Ain't that stupid?

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
250 Posts
My sports car is kinda the same, super low to the ground but the only thing that scrapes on it is the front spoiler.

Can't image the tb drain plug to get ripped out.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My sports car is kinda the same, super low to the ground but the only thing that scrapes on it is the front spoiler.

Can't image the tb drain plug to get ripped out.
No --- it really IS the lowest part of the whole vehicle except for the tires.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the skid plate on mine. I won't drive without it.

I have a valve instead of a plug on my truck. I may be switching back to the plug...

I almost crapped myself when I was in the UP and I had to traverse over an odd road FULL
of small-medium boulders jutting out of the road.
I imagine the only thing that got me home that day was my skidplate.

I wonder if a side drain valve can be done.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the skid plate on mine. I won't drive without it.

I have a valve instead of a plug on my truck. I may be switching back to the plug...

I almost crapped myself when I was in the UP and I had to traverse over an odd road FULL
of small-medium boulders jutting out of the road.
I imagine the only thing that got me home that day was my skidplate.

I wonder if a side drain valve can be done.
The side drain would have been the best design - nothing more than a change of the casting --- same-o threads and plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts