Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question about tires. I have done alot of research and there are alot of threads with tires working and not working as far as rubbing goes. So here goes. Will a 265/65/17 tire work with no rubbing? I know the different tire brands make a diff. Also will a 265/70/17 work? Anybody with these setup of tires can you post what tires you are using and the pros and cons? My envoy needs new tires soon! Thanks

J

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Stock tire size for the 17's is 245/65/17 :yes:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Stock tire size for the 17's is 245/65/17 :yes:
But that wasn't his question. :p
Another question about tires. I have done alot of research and there are alot of threads with tires working and not working as far as rubbing goes. So here goes. Will a 265/65/17 tire work with no rubbing? I know the different tire brands make a diff. Also will a 265/70/17 work? Anybody with these setup of tires can you post what tires you are using and the pros and cons? My envoy needs new tires soon! Thanks
If you saw threads where 265/70-17 tires were discussed, you would have seen the extensive mention of rubbing unless you have a lift, and hitting the upper control arm if you don't have spacers. 265/65-17 are reported to fit OK without mods. As to what style of tires, it all depends on your mission and driving habits. I personally don't care about rubbing, and the bigger the better for tires because I need ground clearance. YMMV. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But that wasn't his question. :p
If you saw threads where 265/70-17 tires were discussed, you would have seen the extensive mention of rubbing unless you have a lift, and hitting the upper control arm if you don't have spacers. 265/65-17 are reported to fit OK without mods. As to what style of tires, it all depends on your mission and driving habits. I personally don't care about rubbing, and the bigger the better for tires because I need ground clearance. YMMV. :D

great thanks for the posts. Just normal driving habits. The envoy is actually my wife's and she won't be doing anything more than driving back and forth to work. I would like to go with the 265 series to fill the wheel well. Any particular tire brand you guys recommend? I am looking at either BS dueler revos, Yoko Geolanders, Mich Crosstrains. Or any other brand i am missing that is good for long life and good highway travel with low noise. Thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
great thanks for the posts. Just normal driving habits. The envoy is actually my wife's and she won't be doing anything more than driving back and forth to work. I would like to go with the 265 series to fill the wheel well. Any particular tire brand you guys recommend? I am looking at either BS dueler revos, Yoko Geolanders, Mich Crosstrains. Or any other brand i am missing that is good for long life and good highway travel with low noise. Thanks

IMO, the Dueler is a great tire. I've put them on a couple vehicles and I loved them. I also think they have the best looking sidewall/lettering. The Geolander is also a good tire but the lettering isn't as nice.

Both tires will drop your MPG slightly because the tread is more aggressive than the stock Contis.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO, the Dueler is a great tire. I've put them on a couple vehicles and I loved them. I also think they have the best looking sidewall/lettering. The Geolander is also a good tire but the lettering isn't as nice.

Both tires will drop your MPG slightly because the tread is more aggressive than the stock Contis.
great thanks for the input.

·
Registered
352 Posts

I just got the Geolanders two weeks ago. Love em. I have not seen a mileage drop. ( yes I do drive that much). I have a bit of a hard time seeing the tread as more aggressive than the Conti's. They are easily quieter than the Conti's. I'm still not sure what air pressure to run them at however.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got the Geolanders two weeks ago. Love em. I have not seen a mileage drop. ( yes I do drive that much). I have a bit of a hard time seeing the tread as more aggressive than the Conti's. They are easily quieter than the Conti's. I'm still not sure what air pressure to run them at however.
thanks alot. i have read alot of good reviews about the goelanders

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Which Geolanders? If you got the more aggressive A/Ts you would see a drop. I'm guessing maybe you got the HT/S ones which are a less aggressive highway tire. I had the HT/S Geolanders on my summer rims for my Jimmy and I would see a 1-2mph increase when I put them on and took my winter wheels with Deuler Revos off.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes I got the HTS, I'm not off road more than flat hard sand. Several of the "tire guys" told me to get the Yoko's over the Cross Terrains, very similar results from the two and Yoko's $50+ less per tire. I had Cross Terrains of my 03 TB and liked them, almost bought them again. just not for $200+ per set.

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Which Geolanders? If you got the more aggressive A/Ts you would see a drop. I'm guessing maybe you got the HT/S ones which are a less aggressive highway tire. I had the HT/S Geolanders on my summer rims for my Jimmy and I would see a 1-2mph increase when I put them on and took my winter wheels with Deuler Revos off.
Yes I got the HTS, I'm not off road more than flat hard sand. Several of the "tire guys" told me to get the Yoko's over the Cross Terrains, very similar results from the two and Yoko's $50+ less per tire. I had Cross Terrains of my 03 TB and liked them, almost bought them again. just not for $200+ per set.

Looks like I guessed correctly. :cool: I would probably get the HT/S again for a summer tire.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I run 265/65-17...no clearance issues...all stock suspension. ...265/70-17 will fit without rubbing depending on tread design (highway/off road)... but gas mileage goes down about 3mpg

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Wheel spacers and Tires

That's good information for me too. I'm looking for some wheel spacers for my 05 Trailblazer EXT.
I want to get some more aggressive tires with 10 ply rating. I'm finding out that only BF Goodrich makes 8 Ply in 246/65/17 size.
Where I go off road is very rocky gravel. So far 2 friends have got flats and I have a slow leak in one tire. All of us have passenger tires. I can find 10 ply tires in larger sizes so I will need wheel spacers but I need help on finding some good ones.
Please list where I can get some, or list some brand names for me to research.
Thanks in advance.
John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts