Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious has anyone else ran into this?? mine has melted up and shorted out 2 times now. so at work since i work at a garage as a mechanic full time went in our computer system to see if it was a problem. her it is a problem and i guess the fix is to put a new socket on of course then just add another ground. so i put the new socket in and added a ground and lets see what happens. :undecided :undecided

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
331 Posts
I found applying a light coat of "bulb grease" on the contacts prolonged socket life. Left front was replaced under warranty and right front had started to turn brown. With bulb grease no change in color of right front in over 3 yrs.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
I'm runnin into the same problem with the fog lights on the wife's Firebird. Ended up droppin about $40 a piece on new sockets. Still need to put them in and try it out. After I cut out the new ones though, the blinkers stopped blinkin, so I'm still troubleshooting that one :hissy: Friggin GM electrical problems!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
no im not im using the bulbs that are blue in color and just have a blue tint to them when they r turned on.
using the cheaper blue bulbs- ebay type- seem to draw more than the standard and cause the melting.

Use OEM rated bulbs.
Silverstars are OEM rated.

the dielectric grease works too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts