Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Envoy SLT. My driver's side reverse light went out. I went to put a new bulb in and when I removed the old bulb I noticed a ton of rust/corrosion in the socket. Its beyond repair. The socket is toast. I looked a bit online this morning but was unable to find an aftermarket replacement socket for these that doesn't cost $50.

Napa, Oreilly, advance auto parts, and autozone all have a duralast or BWD replacement for $46-$52 that has a 3-wire connector...but the one on the vehicle currently only has 2 wires. What's up with that?

BWD #PT156
Echlin Ignition Parts #ECH LS6517
Duralast #402

Has anybody found a generic reasonably priced replacement? Seems like this should be a $10-$12 part, not a $50 part!

I am thinking maybe these guys would work...but I would feel better buying from a local parts house than China/ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3157-Bulb-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item259506f472&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Check out g m t n a t i o n . c o m / f o r u m s the guys there are the TB/Envoy experts that made this site what it is/was. They moved on when this site got bought out and became an ad farm as I'm sure you can see. :crazy:

Over there, your question would've been answered over 12 hours ago...this place is a ghost town.:no:
Kinda like you just answered the question?...Damn, you must be bored tonight :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Kinda like you answered the question too, huh?:bonk: I refuse to majorly help anyone on this site because of the greedy scheme ran by the owners. At least I lead people where that they can get help.
Actually, I checked Rock Auto for him, but found the pricing to be about the same...Thanks for your "concern" :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts