Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have this idea of putting HIDs in my reverse lights as blinders and to help me back up in my driveway at night(limo tint is hard to see out of). But on the back of the tb tail light you have the board for all three bulbs. Has ne one done this or have ne ideas?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
I had super white bulbs in mine they were pretty bright but no where as bright as HID's i think that would be awesome!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
HID's just to backup is a waste of money. What happened to sticking your head out the window while reversing?... :duh:

Just kidding. It's your money...

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Ok so i have this idea of putting HIDs in my reverse lights as blinders and to help me back up in my driveway at night(limo tint is hard to see out of). But on the back of the tb tail light you have the board for all three bulbs. Has ne one done this or have ne ideas?
I was considering doing HID's in my reverse lights. My problem is the warm up time. I didn't want to sit there and wait for the lights to warm up all the way so I could go in reverse. So unless you want to wait, look into LED's first.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
I was considering doing HID's in my reverse lights. My problem is the warm up time. I didn't want to sit there and wait for the lights to warm up all the way so I could go in reverse. So unless you want to wait, look into LED's first.
thats true. but what you could do is wire in a switch and switch them on right when you get into your car. just an idea. but HID's as reverses would be awesome!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you were really hell bent on it (and you wouldn't be the first to do this), you can run a relay harness from the front of the car to the back and use a set of aftermarket fog lights. Just use the reverse lights as a trigger for the relay.

As far as the warm up time when turning them on, it's really not that bad. But with any automatic transmission, you're gonna click on the reverse lights when going from drive to park.

·
Registered
804 Posts
just do what i did...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=46188

there is an article on how to wire them...
I would go this route... If the back lights on your TB are tinted you can also put a light tint on them to keep them hidden. I am going to do something along that line eventually. I just need to get up the nerve to cut into my bumper cover. I would do the same thing he did but I dont want to take them out by scraping on the ground (Did that in my buddy's 2500). Just some food for thought. HIDs would be cool but def consider the other cheaper just as effective options too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
If you were really hell bent on it (and you wouldn't be the first to do this), you can run a relay harness from the front of the car to the back and use a set of aftermarket fog lights. Just use the reverse lights as a trigger for the relay.

As far as the warm up time when turning them on, it's really not that bad. But with any automatic transmission, you're gonna click on the reverse lights when going from drive to park.
Generally speaking, I usually reverse in the time it takes the HID's to warm up.

Check out this thread for the kind of bulbs I have in mine.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=48213

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its not so much backin up i would put them on a seperate switch bc i have driving lights under my bumper already and i would have them become my back up lights that turn on automatically... i just think hids in the reverse would be a great way to say hello to tail gaters lol:x

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
v-leds.com

v-leds.com have a bulb for our back up lights that is made up of over 150 leds for each side its $70 so im sure its crazy bright im thinking of getting them because nothing pisses me off more than someone trying to pull up as close as they can without hitting me thatll teach them a lesson lol. If i buy them this fri ill post some pics.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
lol thats why i liked my envoy,,,o popped out those worthless half red/white reverses and wired in a set of the foglights...MUCH BRIGHTER!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
v-leds.com have a bulb for our back up lights that is made up of over 150 leds for each side its $70 so im sure its crazy bright im thinking of getting them because nothing pisses me off more than someone trying to pull up as close as they can without hitting me thatll teach them a lesson lol. If i buy them this fri ill post some pics.
can you explain what you mean? if you have them as your back up lights....and someone pulled up as close to you as they can.....how would having bright reverse lights help?

If they're close you can't back up without hitting the person....and you don't need bright reverse lights to hit a person......:undecided

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
can you explain what you mean? if you have them as your back up lights....and someone pulled up as close to you as they can.....how would having bright reverse lights help?

If they're close you can't back up without hitting the person....and you don't need bright reverse lights to hit a person......:undecided
I was wondering this same thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts