Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been eyeing these ignition coils for my Envoy. I just had a coil fail on me just last night. I want to upgrade to the best of the best, but I keep coming across these and the reviews seem good, but I need to know if anyone on this forum has them installed and the procedure of care?

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Ive never heard of em. But if it were me id try and just get a oe equivalent coil and swap it in. Our 5.3 lh6’s are a variant of ls motor and the coils usually last a long while. If you were going for power and had crazy mods then aftermarket coils may benefit you. Other wise id get oe or oe equivalent and swap just the one that bad. Other then the dod on these motors there pretty much isnt alot to worry about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never heard of em. But if it were me id try and just get a oe equivalent coil and swap it in. Our 5.3 lh6’s are a variant of ls motor and the coils usually last a long while. If you were going for power and had crazy mods then aftermarket coils may benefit you. Other wise id get oe or oe equivalent and swap just the one that bad. Other then the dod on these motors there pretty much isnt alot to worry about them.

Thank you my denali brother....i just will have to go OEM....i just figured by the look of them they would last....but just because they give them color doesnt always make them better...i did replace the bad coil...im just afraid that the rest are going to go soon....do u have a recommendation on OE ignition coils?

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Thank you my denali brother....i just will have to go OEM....i just figured by the look of them they would last....but just because they give them color doesnt always make them better...i did replace the bad coil...im just afraid that the rest are going to go soon....do u have a recommendation on OE ignition coils?

Look on rock auto. I dont have a recommendation on them. But rock auto usually does a good job at giving u which is oe equivalent. Another one may not fail. Other option is just go to a junkyard and find a 2000 ish chevy/gmc truck with 5.3 or 6.0 and i would imagine all the coils are same as ours. And grab a few just to have on hand. There not a huge wear item like your brakes. They fail and sometimes they dont. But gm coils usually last a long time on these ls motors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts