Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Trailblazer is up and running!

Rebuilt engine, and cleaned out exhaust and cat.
overall total gallons of water in the exhaust: 16 gallons!
My friend drove me over to the shop and I picked the TB up today around 4. On the way home my friend called me and told me to punch my gas, so I did and all this blackish, tan smoke came spewing out of my exhaust. My friend said later that he couldnt even see my car. We think its just the mud in the exhaust burning off.

Now for the interior.. As I expected the passenger side carpet and carpet padding was completely water logged. Not only right after the incident happened.. But it was still soaking wet today. I took the passenger seat out and removed the carpet padding from under the carpet. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Note the water line on the side of the door. It wasn't that deep inside, luckily for decent door seals.

Luckily all of the electronics are working A-OK

I'm going to add some additional silicone caulk to help prevent any water from getting in, not that I'm planning on doing this again.

More pictures to come! This is an on going project.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Nice! I bet you won't do that again too soon, will ya? How much did they end up charging you for the rebuild? You shoulda had them bore that thing out!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Glad to see it's back and running.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All said and done, including removing the exhaust and cat and draining it out and washing it out, The total came to $2000. Alot better of a deal than the dealership was offering me. Do you think the exhaust smell and the smoke will go away?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
330 Posts
Try steam cleaning the carpet to get the smell and water out. A lot of places rent the machines, or you could go to a detail shop. You can also get an enzyme additive that kills any leftover swamp smell.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try steam cleaning the carpet to get the smell and water out. A lot of places rent the machines, or you could go to a detail shop. You can also get an enzyme additive that kills any leftover swamp smell.
we actually have one, and it has the hand attachments. I'm going to get a coarse brush first and see how much of the dried mud I can get loosened up and try getting that with the regular vacuum and then trying to hit it with the steam cleaner. I'll have to look into the enzyme additive, thanks for the advice. It definently needs something!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Help needed

I noticed earlier that there is a redish/brown/pink fluid that is dripping from under the engine. I can't pinpoint the exact source. It seems almost like an oily fluid. Any ideas on what it may be? I dropped the skidplate and have a pizza hut box under my engine trying to see where it is coming from and also more of what color it is.

Thanks in advance- Brandon

·
Registered
916 Posts
Glad to hear you're mobile again. :thumbsup: The rest of it is just hard work and time.:woot:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

Well I removed the driver's seat today. I'm going to get some new carpet padding tomorrow and install it. The TB looks really strange right now.

I've also got the dehumidifier inside my truck right now. I've got a window down letting the heat from the dehumidifier out. I've already gotten alot of water out. I'm going to let it run overnight to ensure that everything is dry.

Still need to finish steam cleaning the interior and also the seats. I'm looking forward to getting it back up and at top notch for the SE meet.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Goodness that thing is nasty. Though that does attest to the I6, no leaks. I though he rebuilt the engine? You got a "new" one?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts