Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we use our TB as our family car but the stock resonator fell off i need to put something there any ideas?? wanna keep pric e down but add a lil performance will anyone help me??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only problem is its goes back too far the "muffler" fell off / resonator it goes back to the back tire

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know... my wife is pissed at this damned truck.. if we hit th gas too hard.. we get a reduced engine power and service engine light.. according to the code reader from autozone.. throttle position sensor but i have no idea which one.. now this.. and the rear diff locking up too uggh im in for it now.,..

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
lose the wife :laugh: ...............kidding looks like you have other issues that require attention before cosmetic--good luck ;)

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
i dont know... my wife is pissed at this damned truck.. if we hit th gas too hard.. we get a reduced engine power and service engine light.. according to the code reader from autozone.. throttle position sensor but i have no idea which one.. now this.. and the rear diff locking up too uggh im in for it now.,..
Sounds like you need to clean the throttle body asap, if that doesnt work time for a new throttle body.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
As far as your diff locking up, it probably just needs the fluid changed out. Dirty fluid causes it to lock up prematurely and not release. Of course that's assuming you have the g80 option, look at the sticker on the glove box door there is a list of RPO options and there should be g80 listed.

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Where did you get that tip? Also, did you use a 2.5" pipe with a 90 degree bend.

Its a Ractive tip that I found on eBay....i had a muffler shop do the job. They bent a piece of pipe and presto.....Don't know anything else...I paid them the $ to do the thinking/work ;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
9 Posts
Its a Ractive tip that I found on eBay....i had a muffler shop do the job. They bent a piece of pipe and presto.....Don't know anything else...I paid them the $ to do the thinking/work ;)

Did you experience any extra/aggrivating noise when you removed the "coffee can"? I have the 4.2L in mine too and its getting out the shop this week from getting painted and that is def. an eye sore!!

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Did you experience any extra/aggrivating noise when you removed the "coffee can"? I have the 4.2L in mine too and its getting out the shop this week from getting painted and that is def. an eye sore!!
None-very minimal at best. A little louder on startup but that is it. Normal driving you can't even tell the difference. And I know what drone is--I used to run a full Borla catback on my 6.1 HEMI---now that had some drone BUT alot of bark :D

Just do it-your vehicle will thank you ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have noticed a lil better gain on gas mileage i was up to 85mph and noticed the dash saying i was gettin 17-18 mpg.. but at 70-78 mph i was getting up to 19-24 mpg.. im glad that fell off..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its a new rear end.. my wife spun out a year ago, and broke the wheel off... they had to put a whole new rear end in.. and they put in clean lube.. the rear end had less than 100 miles..

As far as your diff locking up, it probably just needs the fluid changed out. Dirty fluid causes it to lock up prematurely and not release. Of course that's assuming you have the g80 option, look at the sticker on the glove box door there is a list of RPO options and there should be g80 listed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts