Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
63 Posts
I think I might do this too, but I think I'l wait till after I change the muffler, I don't want it to be too loud, or do I ......

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ltz
72 Posts
go dual exit, u wont regret it

:thumbsup:i did this also, the sound is nice and calm, on the highway it sounds good and its just a nice mod to do, while ur at it make it dual, i did, check pics in gallery, i posted how it all looks from the back and underneath, so yall can get ideas. david i notice u have the ss, go 3 inch dual exhuast, u have a nice ls family motor, let it breath brother let it breath.

hey true 51, we almost have clones...lol

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
413 Posts
I think I might do this too, but I think I'l wait till after I change the muffler, I don't want it to be too loud, or do I ......

Don't wait! It's an inexpensive mod, looks great and is not too loud. I had a 12" glass pack put on mine and it cut the drone quite a bit. Either way...LOOSE THE CAN! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Side exit FTW

Lost the can and did a chrome side exit tip---looks 10X better ;)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
:thumbsup: looks great! I want to do this myself but have no access to a welder. Think JB weld would be strong enough??
If you supply the tip, this should not cost more than $40 at any muffler shop. It is uber-easy. Just one slice, right after the hanger, then weld on a stub pipe and your tip. If they want more than that, find another shop.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
309 Posts
Has anyone had any trouble passing emission testing after this? Or are you fine as long as you keep the O2 sensors?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
We just got the Resonator mod.. it sounds a lot cooler..
You did everyone a service, including yourself by not having to look at that garbage can.:thumbsup:

I got mine done around April/May.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
Has anyone had any trouble passing emission testing after this? Or are you fine as long as you keep the O2 sensors?
The O2 sensors are nowhere near this mod. The resonator is used to keep the noise down for the most part. I can't see any effect on emissions.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler4.htm
Some cars, especially luxury cars where quiet operation is a key feature, have another component in the exhaust that looks like a muffler, but is called a resonator. This device works just like the resonator chamber in the muffler -- the dimensions are calculated so that the waves reflected by the resonator help cancel out certain frequencies of sound in the exhaust.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
309 Posts
The O2 sensors are nowhere near this mod. The resonator is used to keep the noise down for the most part. I can't see any effect on emissions.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler4.htm
Some cars, especially luxury cars where quiet operation is a key feature, have another component in the exhaust that looks like a muffler, but is called a resonator. This device works just like the resonator chamber in the muffler -- the dimensions are calculated so that the waves reflected by the resonator help cancel out certain frequencies of sound in the exhaust.
Thanks, this is definately on my list of things to get done, being that I seem to have caught this mod bug as they call it. lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts