Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hacked off the Resonator this morning and re-used a long slash-cut chrome tip that I had on my Truck before I put turn-downs on it. I added a light coat of header paint on the inside to prevent rust. I wasnt worried about exhaust filling up a truck bed, but the TB cabin is another story.

I'm glad I did the mod, and I like the look of the long tube running all the way till it's no longer visible, as opposed to the short tips w/ exhaust pipe exposed on the sides. Way cleaner looking rear-end. I see what everyone means about the trashcan look, they stick out like a sore thumb. They should have come from the factory with the res atleast tucked away better.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
480 Posts
I like the look!! Can you please give the size of the tip ? Did you use extra pipe also?My truck is an LS so I don't have a notched bumper to fill. Check out my gallery. Thanks in advance for the answers, Jay:woohoo:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get measurements in the morning. My Truck was dual exhaust so I do have a second tip in the same condition. If your interested PM me and I'll hack it off at the welds. I wanted it just short of being flush with the bumper, so the welder added about 3" of 2.75" pipe I believe.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat :cool: An '09 and a carpeted garage.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
looks awesome... i have the magnaflow exhaust and over the summer i'll be doing the samething but for both resignators

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
saw a tip similar to this at autozone....wat are the dimensions of this tip?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The Tip is 3.5" Dia x 18"

I showed my sister yesterday and instead of the usual "Hmm I didnt even notice" she said "Yeah that looks great, I wasn't going to say anything but that cheap muffler thing looked like $#!7. Your truck was looking good (points to hood), looking good (doors)...till you get to this thing at the back...::kicks resonator:: Come-on Chevy YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!"

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
kicks resonator:: Come-on Chevy YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!"
:iagree: this has become a part of my everyday routine :ugh::duh:

thanks i appreciate it, i think it was the same dimensions actually :undecided

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
my only question is does it make a difference in sound inside the cabin? i wanna do the same thing but dont want no annoying drone at highway speeds

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat At 70 mph I can just barely hear it. The only time it's noticeable is when accelerating. And even then its not bad.:m2

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my only question is does it make a difference in sound inside the cabin? i wanna do the same thing but dont want no annoying drone at highway speeds
It gives the engine slightly more growl. Not much difference at all, there is no engine noise above 30mph as wind-noise overpowers it. If you set on the accelerator you can hear it a little more distinctly however.

No where near the increase as you'd see with a free-flow muffler, but then again I wasnt expecting it as it was a free mod.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
thnx yall i appreciate it. and thnx for the welcome im glad to find a site for trailblazer/envoy enthusiasts. for a while i thot i was the only one who wondered what these babies could do.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
that was one of the first things i did to mine. had it also on my old 03. i just went to magnaflow.com and found a dealer in my area. contacted them, ordered the tip i wanted, and they installed it. it was a merlin's shop and paid less thean $100 for the tip and install.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
I live 2mi from the beach, the carpets keep the sand out. :D
:eek:fftopic:.... for years ive always wondered why my grandfather used to have so many carpet mats in his garage. had some behind each car (driven onto when entering), under tires(kinda much, huh), and the main "walkway" into the house. i cant believe i never once thought thats why they were there. he also lived within minutes from the beach. now i know, some 15yrs later

1 - 19 of 19 Posts