Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do a res delete this week and I was wondering what I need exactly to do it myself. This is a temporary fix til the end of summer when I will be getting my new catback system. Resonator is rattling pretty good and I want it off! Is this possible to do without welding? Could I clamp a pipe and nice tip on? If so, what size connecters, clamps, etc do I need? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
searchyy search search...its yur friend, but ill be nice this time...

yull need a hacksaw or sawzall or plasma cutter...
-cut the res off just in front of the hanger, yull want to retain this hanger, otherwise yur new tip will just chill 6" from the ground

once yu take off the garbage can, weld the new tip onto the pipe
-if yu dnt have welding equip. yu can go to a local muffler shop

i supposed yu can clamp, idkk many people who have,i was orig gna do this till my magnaflow found its way to my house...pics soon enough :yes:

Search and yu will find ^^

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Until I had the time to get mine welded and decided how much of the tip I wanted sticking out the back, I used three self drilling screws to hold the pipe in place. If you're doing a temporary set-up that should last. It's not a great looking job but you had to look for it.:m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! My new friend, "search" is teaching me a lot too! Still new here, give me a break! lol :duh: Anyway, maybe I am an attention whore!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
I am going to do a res delete this week and I was wondering what I need exactly to do it myself. This is a temporary fix til the end of summer when I will be getting my new catback system. Resonator is rattling pretty good and I want it off! Is this possible to do without welding? Could I clamp a pipe and nice tip on? If so, what size connecters, clamps, etc do I need? Thanks for the help.
I know our TBs are different and probably usae different diameters of pipe but what I did was use a die grinder with a 4" cut-off disc to cut off the "can" and left the hanger by the axle alone. Then the rear hanger on the "can" I cut off, the chrome tip I cut off and reused both with a 19" piece of 3" pipe and welded the brkt to the pipe & the tip back on. I have my own MIG welder and garage full of tools. :D

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Took mine to a shop. Catback I would do myself, but it was worth the $100 to have someone else cut off the resonator and muffler, and weld in my new muffler, side exit, and stainless tip. IMHO, cat back is nice, but you can get whatever muffler and tip you want put on so why bother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts