Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I would like to COMPLETELY reset my Envoy's computer. That includes the memory seats, all of the settings that you can control....EVERYTHING.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
02EnvoySLE Guy said:
Pull the negative cable for the battery and leave it sitting overnight. That SHOULD reset everything I think. :m2:
I'd call that "the old fashioned way" :duh:

Thx, was not sure if there was another way to do this. :yes:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
That will probably reset your powertrain computers also so expect your vehicle to run like crap until it releans how to do things again.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave said:
That will probably reset your powertrain computers also so expect your vehicle to run like crap until it releans how to do things again.
I ought to wait for my Volant CAI kit before I do this then.

·
Registered
2004 chevy
1,036 Posts
Yeah, I would wait. Maybe you shoudl consider taking it to a shop. You could probably have the full reset done for $65 or so.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
11 Posts
No its simple, don't pay the money at a dealer. Disconnect negative battery, turn headlights on for five minutes to drain all power. Turn off lights and leave disconnected for a bit, 20-30 minutes. Then replug the termincal to the battery and drive for 30 minutes so computer can relearn. No need to worry about bolt on aftermarket mods, computer will learn those with time. This will just reset the computer to stock settings.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
No its simple, don't pay the money at a dealer. Disconnect negative battery, turn headlights on for five minutes to drain all power. Turn off lights and leave disconnected for a bit, 20-30 minutes. Then replug the termincal to the battery and drive for 30 minutes so computer can relearn. No need to worry about bolt on aftermarket mods, computer will learn those with time. This will just reset the computer to stock settings.
You are reponding to a post that's 7 years old. :coffee

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Don't forget!!

With our envoys trailblazers etc.. after you hook up the battery and before you start it you have to put the key to the on position and let the actuators recalibrate for hvac, you'll hear things moving behind the dash and in the rear, maybe takes 2 mins then fire it up

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
259 Posts
:thx
With our envoys trailblazers etc.. after you hook up the battery and before you start it you have to put the key to the on position and let the actuators recalibrate for hvac, you'll hear things moving behind the dash and in the rear, maybe takes 2 mins then fire it up
Nice info:thx

·
Registered
2008 isuzu ascender
975 Posts
Just dont get mad if it screws up your mode actuator doors that controls your heat and ac . This has been known to do this if you reset everything and then you get to tear apart the dash to change them . Is there a particular reason you feel you need to do this ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
And if it wont start at all after doing this how do I get it to reset/relearn? It wont relearn if I can't get it idling? 😟

1 - 15 of 15 Posts