Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time using any communication site.
I have changed my oil but can not reset the oil life monitor.
Please Help.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
With the key in (truck off), and turned to the accessories position so that you see the red battery symbol lit up press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds. On mine I don't hear any beep the light just stops showing up.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
With the key in (truck off), and turned to the accessories position so that you see the red battery symbol lit up press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds. On mine I don't hear any beep the light just stops showing up.
I can never get this to work so the light just always comes on @ start up.:hissy:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
we have learned that some Trailvoys will not reset by the foot method after many many many tries... some people can never get it to reset.
It is supposed to flash once reset--- but some dont...
Like mine-- I would try 10-20 times and it would not reset.
Mine has never flashed after reset either....

try this.
follow the procedure....
when you do the 3 footsteps--- do them in the 5 seconds- but do them a little slower... as in push and release slower.
once you do that - dont do anything to the vehicle- leave it as is for maybe 2 minutes...
then turn off key- restart.. and it should be done...

In the time I owned my TB from mile 0 to about 133,000 miles- I had to try the foot method- many many times- 10-20-30 times... sometimes it would not reset... Eventually from trying so many times I resorted to trying door open, door closed, headlights on, off, radio on, off.... all sorts of combinations.. but no go..
until the last time I change the oil...
where I did the 3 footsteps- and then waited a few min... and not removing the key or anything--- I think I unloaded stuff from the back-
when I tried turning off and on again- the light had finally reset on the 1st attemp no more trying over and over....:woohoo:
so try that... I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
61 Posts
display the oil life monitor on your DIC
hold down the enter button (the one with the arrow) for approx 5 seconds or until it resets to 100% :)

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Sometime I wish I had a DIC. But you learn to live without it and eventually learn the "drill". :duh::bonk::excited:

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Sometime I wish I had a DIC. But you learn to live without it and eventually learn the "drill". :duh::bonk::excited:
Man, you make it too easy.:crackup: Sorry. I couldn't stop myself.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Yep. We hear about DIC envy all too often. If you knew how good they were, you should have arranged to get one issued to you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
152 Posts
DICless

Alas, my 'voy has no DIC, always wanted one. But now with the Garmin GPS in trip monitor mode, I have more data than I need :woot:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Man, you make it too easy.:crackup: Sorry. I couldn't stop myself.
DucatiSS always told me I am one of the best set-up men he had ever seen :laugh:

Yep. We hear about DIC envy all too often. If you knew how good they were, you should have arranged to get one issued to you. :thumbsup:
Maybe I could use my wifes's :excited:I see hers all the time .... in her Honda.:crackup:

(oh crap ....don't get me started)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Reset Oil Level Meter / TrailBlazer 2004

I just did mine successfully!!! I recently got the warning about the motor oil needing change. So I changed the motor oil and the "Change Motor Oil" will still remain on for a few seconds after turning on the car.

I followed the steps here...turned key to get all panel lights to come on (not only the battery one)....depressed/released gas pedal three times...."Change Motor Oil" icon/light blinked several times and then stopped....off ignition and started Trailblazer...no more warning signal :):)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
This thread is making me sad that I don't have a DIC.......

I want all the features that come with having a DIC......

i guess i'll have to stick to the "drill" until i can russel up the parts, cash and time to get a DIC.....

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
This thread is making me sad that I don't have a DIC.......

I want all the features that come with having a DIC......

i guess i'll have to stick to the "drill" until i can russel up the parts, cash and time to get a DIC.....
You are really handing out the straight lines and making it hard (no pun intended) to pass up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts