Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had the dreaded pulsation when low speed braking over the winter and pulled fuse till warmer weather to clean sensors. I replaced a worn bearing in the drivers side which came with new sensor. Put fuse back in but still pulsates. Pulled fuse fuse again till this past weekend. Cleaned passenger side sensor and was pretty rusted and dirty. Blew out and sanded area. Reinstall sensor and fuse. No more pulsation. Yeehaw. Unfortunately ABS light stays on. Read somewhere that if you turn ignition switch to second position, pull fuse for ten minutes. Turn off ignition and reinstall fuse it would clear but unfortunately didn't. Haven't locked it up on gravel road to see if in fact ABS is actually working but no more pulsation gives me hope. Any ideas as my OBD (cheap one of course) doesn't show any codes. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
288 Posts
Exactly what OBD reader do you have? And what year is the vehicle. On my 2002 trailblazer, and my 2005 yukon I can clear codes from the EBCM (ABS) by issuing the commands manually using a cheap chinese clone of the elm327 and a bluetooth serial terminal app.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a Innova obd code reader. It says it can read ABS Faults but have never had any luck with it. It works fine for engine codes and i have never tried hooking it up to a laptop . I don't have a laptop and its possible it can do more magic if hooked up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts