Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Administrator
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In an effort to provide better customer support and head off problems before they get out of control, General Motors has created a new "task force" aimed at monitoring social media sites for complaints about GM vehicles and looking to find solutions.

A report in the Detroit Free Press highlights the story of one woman, Melissa Walker, whose complaints about her 2001 Cadillac DeVille on Twitter were picked up by GM's new team of customer service agents. GM wasn't able to solve the problem, but Walker was left with a positive feeling about the experience, and Tweeted to say as much – exactly what GM is looking for.

Last July GM set up a team of 50 customer service agents to chat online with people about sales incentives and vehicle options. In November, five social media agents were added to hunt out complaints online and that team is set to be doubled in April.

Now if GM's task force is doing its job, someone from the team will likely be reading this story. If they are, might be suggest they not only scour Facebook and Twitter, but the comments sections of news blogs, like our own. As an example, see the link below on a story we ran about an investigation into Chevy Cobalt steering issues, which got tremendous response before GM officially announced a recall.

Chevy Cobalt Being Investigated for Faulty Steering, Recall Possible

More: Report: General Motors Scouring the Net to Find Your Complaints and Address Them on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I give them credit for at least trying. Now if they could just fix the black trim piece around the license plate assembly (I forget what it's called), I'd be a happy camper.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
154 Posts
they need to recall all the tb for there spare tire assembley i was stuck on the road with a flat and it wouldnt come down .lucky i had my recipicator saw and cut the thing out. the wire was all twisted and rusted no wonder why it didnt work

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
85 Posts
they need to recall all the tb for there spare tire assembley i was stuck on the road with a flat and it wouldnt come down .lucky i had my recipicator saw and cut the thing out. the wire was all twisted and rusted no wonder why it didnt work
:iagree:

Mine got stuck and I had to chop it off and now I have to find a cheap one on eBay to fix it. I know alot of fellow trailvoy members that would agree on this.:yes:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
To Little, To Late, There's a Honda in our Driveway where there might have been another Chevy.:(
But then again.. Brake recall Hours after we bought it:laugh::hopeless, but then again, again they didn't deny the problem existed until Govt. intervention.:m2:

·
Registered
912 Posts
We love everything about ours, it is the most reliable car we have ever had. One complaint is having the oil pan bolted to the front axle, this kills our lift possibilities... Other than that, it is just little complaints (wind noise, no pcv, etc...)
Also GM, why did you kill your most reliable engine, the 4.2 Inline 6. You should have put these in the small trucks and maybe one of those crappy crossovers (not trying to offend any owners, just not my taste)...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
To Little, To Late, There's a Honda in our Driveway where there might have been another Chevy.:(
But then again.. Brake recall Hours after we bought it:laugh::hopeless, but then again, again they didn't deny the problem existed until Govt. intervention.:m2:
People made such a fuss about the Toyota recalls but we hear so little about our domestic ones. My mother has an 2003 Windstar and just today I read that Ford recalled something in the neighborhood of 45 million vehicles in 2009? Makes Toyota 8 million worldwide look-like small potatoes.

I could go on all day about dealing with GM-Chevy division, but I wont. The American auto industry is an American culture. It can not simply be replaced by Honda's and Toyota's just like BMW and Mercedes far superior engineering failed to overtake the US market.

GM and Ford owe America their soul, and to tell warranty customers to "get a lawyer" is just one more example of why the corporate owned Government and "businesses too big to fail" mentality is leading this country overseas.

I for one would buy another Chevy. Its not because I think I will get more bang for the buck, or great customer warranty and retention perks, its not even because I want to keep Chevy alive. No, I will buy a Chevy because I like having that choice, the gas-guzzler and gas-sipper side by side in the driveway. LOL :bonk:

·
Registered
226 Posts
stop telling me that rail dust is the reason there is rust showing in my paint on a florida vehicle

fix the gasket around the license plate housing and repaint my truck... if i had known i was gonna have these issues, i would have put an ls6 from a z06 in my 99 grand cherokee, best looking factory paint i have ever seen

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
940 Posts
Totally agree!! Just look out side and count how many Trailblazers and Envoys are out on the road!
Trailblazers and Envoys are everywhere, Rainier and Bravada less frequent but daily, 9-7x about one a week (not including the one I see everyday in the same parking lot) and an Ascender once every six months; that's how often I see them.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
61 Posts
Recall out TB's & replace the gas guage !!...the sending unit I belive. That seems to be WAY too common.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
44 Posts
How about all the gauges. My tach and speedo hasnt worked in months. This is enough of a problem. I havent heard of one person who has over 100,000 mile and hasnt had at least one gauge problem. Dont get me started on the trannys!

1 - 20 of 188 Posts