Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put something "useful" in that spot. It's either a mount for a sirius/xm unit, or a gauge. I think I have seen a voltmeter mounted there, but I can't find that post no matter what I search for. I do suck at forum searching though. I just ordered a bunch of stereo gear, so a voltmeter may be handy, right? Anyone have a link to someone that has done this? Or any ideas on something else cool to do?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Search for "aeroforce" or "interceptor" and you'll find the most useful gauge I can imagine in a small package. Will read and reset codes as well as read all sorts of parameters off the bus.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I agree with the roadie, a know a bunch of SS guys put WBO2 AFR meters in there to monitor their AFR, especially if they have a supercharger. Im not sure what I want to put where mine is, have to think about it. EFILive already takes care of the WBO2 reading, but it might be nice having it always right there just in case something happens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nifty. How much use would that be to someone that doesn't have any performance mods? I'm pretty much stock other than electrical. I was thinking a voltmeter would be a lot cheaper :p

I also considered mounting a bass control knob to the back of it and making it so the SS emblem spins as a huge bass knob. Or maybe using that as the remote display panel for a radar detector??

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
Aeroforcetech gauge

The guage you want is an Aeroforcetech gauge. It has over 50 readings and will display 2 at once. I've got it and love it. I usually monitor my instant mpg and my HP being used. I use it to read DTC's and reset them. Can also display your 0-60 and 60' times as well as 1/4 mile. Bought mine from Wester's for $227 shipped. You can pick your readout color and face color too.:thumbsup:
It plugs right into the OBD2 connector under the dash.

I want to put something "useful" in that spot. It's either a mount for a sirius/xm unit, or a gauge. I think I have seen a voltmeter mounted there, but I can't find that post no matter what I search for. I do suck at forum searching though. I just ordered a bunch of stereo gear, so a voltmeter may be handy, right? Anyone have a link to someone that has done this? Or any ideas on something else cool to do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts