Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just joined today as I am really struggling to figure out this problem I am having replacing my radiator in my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LS (V6 4.2L).

Before I get into the really detailed problem I am having I first would like to know if anyone knows if there is any difference in radiators on any of the Trailblazer models. I went to a local pull-apart auto salvage and got a radiator off of a 2003 Trailblazer LT.

Were there any differences in the radiators made on any of the Trailblazer models that I was not aware of? The specific problem I am having is the Trans cooler lines that connect to the radiator do not fit into the radiator I got out of the 2003. Were the radiators in the 2005 and 2003 models different in this aspect and if so is there a connector or adapter I can purchase to put on the trans cooler lines so they will fit on the radiator? If pictures are needed to better explain what I mean please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
198 Posts
My understanding is that there is not a difference in radiators between 2003 and 2005 for the 4.2L I6 motor. Is it possible that the donor vehicle was a 5.3 V8? That radiator will be different.

Check out RockAuto and compare the AC Delco part number for your model year and engine vs the potential donor car.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
619 Posts
It looks like the radiators are the same for the 2003 and 2005 TrailBlazers with the 4.2 L engine.

Perhaps you are missing the transmission line connectors like the Dorman 800-604.

These screw into the radiator and then the transmission lines "plug into" the fitting and are secured with a clip connector like a Dorman 800-801

Hope this helps & good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts