Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my Catalytic Converter on my 2003 Trailblazer LT with a 4.2 and I have no idea if it has an O2 sensor that goes to it or not.

I was looking at a Magnaflow and the info I can find on the vehicle or the part is basically nill where the O2 sensor is concerned.

Any help/experience anyone can toss my way would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
105 Posts
There are two o2 sensors on your exhaust. There is the upstream o2 sensor that is located behind your exhaust manifold on the exhaust pipe. Then there is the down stream o2 sensor located right behind your catalytic converter on the exhaust pipe. I won't be on the catalytic convertor. I'm not sure if Magnaflow has a fitting to put an o2 sensor on the exhaust section of your catalytic converter but you need it or your ECM with throw a code. Its purpose is so the ECM can read the o2 sensor upstream and downstream and compare the two to make sure it is working properly. If the fitting is not on there, an exhaust shop can weld on a fitting.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! It is amazing how little info the manufacturers of the parts and the vehicles make available to the public.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts