Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so want to replace my HU in my TB but ive been so everything I've read so far is helpful but I haven't anything similar to what I wanna do. I have a single DIN Pioneer DEH-P2900MP that is out of my camaro which is sadly having to be sold, any way...

I have an '02 TB LT with OUT Bose but I do have ONStar, I have read about the GMOS-01 adapter and it will keep all functionality and I completely understand it, but I am wanting to just retain my chimes for when the doors open, light switch is on when key is off, etc... is there an adapter that does just that? I bought one from Wally World and it says its for the 02 Trailblazers. Oh its a scosche GM036 came with an antenna adapter too which i don't need since i have one from the camaro but has anyone else used this one?

Just looking for a little input from the audio gurus around here and improve my sound quality at the same time!

Thanks in Advance for the prompt replies,
dcrave:weird::woot:

P.S.- the reason this is being done is for my sub and amp install! Which if its all good should be done tomorrow seeing as I ran all the wires but amp turn on today! :yes:

[edit] a few pics...

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys ordered a gmos unit from eBay should be here within a week so I'm gonna go against you and see if I can get my radio working with out the chimes or onstar until it gets here with the scosche unit and see how it turns out. i know most audiophiles say that once walmart carries a brand of speaker like pioneer and kicker it generally starts being seen as "trash" but just because they carry a low lvl of a big name doesn't destroy quality. pioneer speakers and HU are pretty good/affordable and will do for most other than extremist. and I'm not about to spend $3k on a setup just to compete for glory I'd much rather drop the same $3k into an LS1 or building up my little 302 out in the shed much more fun to me,

Don't take any offense or start bashing as is common attack on nubz around here. Most of you (the senior members) have been into the TV for YEARS and its great because it gives the new guys an opportunity to learn a lot and learn from YOUR mistakes and keep from making them but its still up to you to respect the new guys, i remember my first post i was b#$&%^ed at for "whining" and that was posted in good fun to get a feel for the board and it rubbed me the wrong way. Just use to the f-body boards where pretty much everyone is just like "that sucks man" or "hahaha that was you I beat?!" but most the people on those boards are closer to my age also (21) so congrats on a great info site and maybe I'll learn a thing or two.

sorry for the mini rant!

· Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
ok guys ordered a gmos unit from eBay should be here within a week so I'm gonna go against you and see if I can get my radio working with out the chimes or onstar until it gets here with the scosche unit and see how it turns out. i know most audiophiles say that once walmart carries a brand of speaker like pioneer and kicker it generally starts being seen as "trash" but just because they carry a low lvl of a big name doesn't destroy quality.
Regardless of where it is purchased from, the scosche units switched B+ driver has a considerably high failure rate, not only in these trucks but any GM vehicle that it is compatible with.

Don't take any offense or start bashing as is common attack on nubz around here.
That is not tolerated here.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so got the scosche unit to work the only problem i had was the place they have the ACC turn wire for the radio isnt even a place on the factory unit so i just ran a wire to the fuse panel and tada! i have sound everything works other than the chimes and onstar of course since that is a complete other harness but other than that its working beautifully full fade/balance and will soon have the subs going also!:woot::woot::woot: give me 2 cookies someone!

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm at work with no camera, so... no pics plus there is still the fact my dash is still in pieces and the wiring isn't hidden and my ground for the amp is a big no no in most eyes so right now no pics for criticism.... BTW I'm sure you're wondering what my ground is and I'll say that its 2 pieces just to get by until I get a new ring terminal to make a longer ground out of some spare wire i have from an old install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.