Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First, I'm new to this forum, so hello to everybody, and thanks for creating this great place to share questions and knowledge.

Ok, the thing is that I got a 2006 Trailblazer LT with the factory Bose radio still there, and though the audio is excellent, I want to put a nav dvd unit in its place. I've been surfing around trying to get the right one, that would allow me to keep the steering wheel controls, and hopefully the rear-seat controls too, plust it should be compatible with garmin maps for the gps navigation (I'm from Chile, South Smerica, so those are the only maps I've found so far).

Can anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction? The best I've found so far is this:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/7-inch...tion-Dual-Zone-JZY-817-G--SZC447-_p27907.html

But I see it only has 2 keys for steering wheel control, while the Trailblazer has 4, plust the rear-seat controls which I think I'd be loosing if I get this dvd nav unit.

I will sure appreciate any pointers, or better, a link to a nav/dvd unit that best fits my needs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Why not go to Crutchfield.com, and input the info on your vehicle. Then, you can search and it will tell you which units fit, plus what accessories you need for the different functions you want. :m2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pete!
I visited Crutchfield but they only have like 3 alternatives, all well above $1,000, which is far more what I'm willing to spend on this. I must admit the units they sell look awesome, but I wonder if there are more alternatives out there. I'm not precisely looking for an expensive brand like kenwood or pioneer.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphatWelcome! What you are asking for probably isn't going to be cheap! If you can just do with a regular GPS, then you can spend what money you have on other mods!!:crackup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
I think I found an alternative, please let me know if you think it will (or not) work:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIX/PAC-SWI-X.html?search=steering+wheel+control+interface&tp=3405&tab=detailed_info

According to the advertised description, this should be able to handle pretty much any nav/dvd unit as long as the unit has an IR remote control. It looks like a good alternative to get a cheaper nav/dvd unit and still retain all the remote control features (steering wheel AND rear-seat). The only downside seems to be that I need to put some IR emitter somewhere inside the truck, so it will probably not look like a very clean install.

Has anyone tried something like this before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts