1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
story....

2002 black tb

bought my tb week and a half or so ago.. stereo didnt sound to good but didnt think anything of it since i have had similer problems in the past which was due to a antenna booster or soemthing not being hooked up...

but any who.. was showing my dad my new used tb and i noticed something.

there was a hole next to the antenna.. theres the antenna so ..isnt the antenna supposed to be in this other spot connected to the base that was snapped off?? .. so whats going on? they took the broken piece out of the antenna itself and screwed it on to on of the bolts that holds down that cowling..

round 1.....

removal of antenna base..

well after seeing a couple other posts.. i went to the store and bought a swivel socket since a lot of my tools seem to grow feet of there own. and then the next day..(today) i got out and try getting that pita out.. 20 bucks could have been saved since i could not use the swivel. it would not fit. any who.. after digging thru tools i finally found something that would work but almost rounded off the front bolt.

got the bolts out and tried to remove the base.. the line wldnt pull up like i read some where else in the forum.. looked behind glove box.. under hood etc.. finally started contemplating pulling the fender..but was getting dark and put tools away for the night. got back online bout 20 min later and some one commented on my post.. saying that i needed to pull the wheel well liner... :duh:

now i just hope the weather is clear in the next couple of days when im not busy to try that. i did do some research on here but did not find anything bout a how too on doing this or just removing the wheel well liner. i have done it on other vehicles...and it has been a pain....

so.... for those bored or just like like the fumblings of people short of brain cells.. tune in for round 2.. maybe i can find some sucker to do it for me ..lol

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
74 Posts
Seems to me someone torqued on the antenna with a tool a lil much and snapped the base. The base is a lil fragile. I am sure u can go to a local salvage yard and snag a new one any who good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually already got one from the stealership... ..it was just over 40 bucks... which i didnt think was to bad..by the time i put out the effort and called around or went to these places and the cost alone at the junk yard... figured $40 was the better deal..and new

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
330 Posts
I just replaced mine after hitting a deer last fall. There was a plug by the passenger right side trim that you will see after removing the lower shield inside the truck. After disconnecting the plug you can pull it out from the top of the windshield trim. There will be some tension because there is a grommet where the cable passes through the body. The easiest way to get to this to reinstall is by pulling back the inner fender trim. This is definitely the fastest way to get to it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
465 Posts
After reading this thread, I thought I'd check mine as well, since my reception has been pretty poor since I bought my vehicle (despite living within 40 miles of a large cluster of mountain-based antennas). Well my antenna is securely screwed into the proper mount, so I can rule that off my checklist. However I did find the cowling mounting nut laying upside down in the hole where your antenna is screwed in. Been driving this truck for over a year and a half, and that thing was just laying in there the whole time. I guess I'm not driving it hard enough! :D

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if it is bad..u might try pulling the fender liner as mentioned in one of the posts above.. and make sure it is plugged in to the other piece of line.. make sure it is connected to the stereo as well.. not im not sure bout the tbs but on the altima i had ..it had an antenna booster that the shop failed to hook up twice..and i had to get them to rehook it and then i had great signal..not sure like i said though on the tb..

hopefully...maybe tomarow i can pull that liner... wondering if i am going to have to pull the tire if so..may have to find some one else to sucker in to doing it..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts