Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am lookiing for a replacement fog light. my stock ones for 1 leak and kill my hid lamps. also i have tried a few different lamps in the stock housing and none of them really project the light onto road i am not sure if the heat lamps ruined the reflector but either way i do not want to put the stock ones back in and have the same problems. i have looked online for hid fog lights and most of them are really expensive. i know i will have to make mounts for them and mabye have to enlarge the grill a little to make them fit. i not sure if anyone has changed out them yet but i thaught ask. thank for the help guys and gals!!!

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
We can help you out with HID lights for a great price. Our kits are 99.99 + 10 ship and come with the relay harness.

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
What bulb and color temp. do you have on the ss in the pic? Also, do you have matching fog lights?

After install, do the lights adapt to all settings for the vehicle? For example, when I unlock my vehicle, the lights go on and when I turn the vehicle on, my daytime running lights are on.

Thanks

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
What bulb and color temp. do you have on the ss in the pic? Also, do you have matching fog lights?

After install, do the lights adapt to all settings for the vehicle? For example, when I unlock my vehicle, the lights go on and when I turn the vehicle on, my daytime running lights are on.

Thanks
That TrailBlazer has 5000k lows (9006) and fogs (880).

You can modify your truck many different ways to eliminate the DRLs. TBlazed DRL Killer, capacitor trick, 'Quad Beams', and a few others.

You can also use the DRL module from v-leds.com (we sell this as a 10.00 option to our 9005/9006 kits). Right now we just sold our last DRL module, but we have them coming in very soon. Otherwise, it can be purchased at v-leds.com

Essentially what the DRL module does is take in the PWM signal (Pulse Width Modulation) from the headlight harness and output a clean constant 14v.

You hook the DRL module between the factory harness and HID relay harness. On some kits the relay harness is an option. Right now with the group buy the harness is included.

Feel free to check out diagrams at www.jetttstream.com/downloads.html => HID installation manual.

Here are some more pics:

for reference here is a picture of 5000k:

6000k fogs: reference

3000k fogs: reference

more pics:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
-Mike

·
Registered
2007 chevy
43 Posts
Do you also charge the same price for the 6000k hid fog lights? What about the blue tint that is on the turn signals also, I was wondering if you had a price on those also? After seeing your reference pics, I know that I need the HID fog lights :yes:

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Do you also charge the same price for the 6000k hid fog lights? What about the blue tint that is on the turn signals also, I was wondering if you had a price on those also? After seeing your reference pics, I know that I need the HID fog lights :yes:
Right now the group buy price is 109.99 shipped with relay harness.

www.jetttstream.com

Thanks! I'm not sure about the blue tint on those signals, I do sell LEDs but I don't have my price list finalized--sorry. It looks like a reflection..of a sort from the 6000k.

-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
The group buy price for led headlights and fog lights with relay harness are $109.99?

Does this include high beams too?

I am a little confused and have not done much research on this yet. If I want the set up that you have on the silver ss, with high beams and eliminate the DRL's, what do I need to purchase and how do I do it?

I will def get these if you can pint me in the right direction.

Thanks again

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
The group buy price for led headlights and fog lights with relay harness are $109.99?

Does this include high beams too?

I am a little confused and have not done much research on this yet. If I want the set up that you have on the silver ss, with high beams and eliminate the DRL's, what do I need to purchase and how do I do it?

I will def get these if you can pint me in the right direction.

Thanks again
Hi. No problem.

You need a "kit" for any headlight group you replace...fog..low..high.

So if you want low's and fog's you need:

9006 6000k kit, 109.99 shipped
DRL module 10.00 shipped if purchased with 9006 kit.
880 6000k kit, 109.99 shipped

I do not recommend high beams personally...but there are those who want them anyway. I view high beams as something that you need to turn on quickly in a passing situation or an animal in the road situation...etc.

You don't want to wait the 30-60 seconds 'burn in' time for your high beams when you *think* there is a deer in the road.

So the total for low + drl + fogs = 229.98 shipped.

Thanks!
-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Perfect! So you feel that the 9006 6000k kit is high enough when driving in the country with no high beams? The stock lights I have now I definitely need high beams when on a dark road.

Dumb question but have to ask it...If I do not get led high beams, would the original high beams still be in place and work?

Thanks again for taking the time to explain.

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Perfect! So you feel that the 9006 6000k kit is high enough when driving in the country with no high beams? The stock lights I have now I definitely need high beams when on a dark road.

Dumb question but have to ask it...If I do not get led high beams, would the original high beams still be in place and work?

Thanks again for taking the time to explain.
Let's take a quick step back here just to avoid confusion.

I recommend using your *stock* high beams, b/c not only are they 65 watt halogens--they are aimed up in the air for long distance driving.

I think your best bet sounds like 'quad' beams. That will allow you to have your HID low beams and stock High beams on at the same time. (There is a DIY on the front/main page of www.trailvoy.com --see bottom left).

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks! I saved the DIY and once I get these, will see how it goes. I will probably be ordering in the next week. I appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually, I am going to purchase this now...
Let me just make sure I have everything I need...
Does the DRL kit make the DRL stay on when I turn the vehicle on or does it turn them off?

Code Product Quantity Price/Ea. Total
JAT-HID35 35 Watt HID Conversion Kit $109.99 $109.99
Bulb_type: 9006
Color_temp: 6000k
DRL: drl_yes $10.00 $10.00
Bulb_type: 880
DRL: drl_no

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Actually, I am going to purchase this now...
Let me just make sure I have everything I need...
Does the DRL kit make the DRL stay on when I turn the vehicle on or does it turn them off?

Thanks!

The DRL Module turns the DRL signal into a full low beam signal for the relay harness.

-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok, perfect...And is this everything I need to order?

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
ok, perfect...And is this everything I need to order?

No I think you need one of those Spotlight LEDs....and a DashHawk.

:)

I will ship next week. I hope that is okay.

If you want--I can ship the lights today. I am backordered on the DRL and am due to get them early next week.

I would prefer to ship one package, but the customer comes first.

-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
haha...I will mount the spotlight on the window and scare the little kids in my neighborhood! Throw in a siren too if you can.:laugh:

You can ship it next week. I don't plan on installing them until the weather breaks. And being in Rochester, NY, you never know when that will happen.

If you can just shoot me an email with tracking info. that would be greatly appreciated.

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
These 'spotlights' are little flashlights that plug into your cigarette lighter (they are about the same size of a cigarette lighter) and they are bright as all getup!

BTW if you're serious about the HI beams I have 9005 in 6000k...let me know :) (PM me)

For more info on the spotlights check out the link in my signature down below...in the group buy link.

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
72 Posts
fog lights

Just reading up on the fog lights, i was looking for somthing new out there. I went to e-bay found helo projector lights sold by speedinfinity, they look cool the question is, how bright are they. Dose anyone have them are they any good.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts