Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I changed my sending unit today which hasn't functioned since last summer (I've gotten by with my fuel consumption tracker in the driver info center). While we were disconnecting the fuel lines, I broke one of the clips that holds the connection in place. My friend says it's no big deal, these things break easily and you can find them at any auto parts store. Thinking he was probably right, I proceeded to break a few more since I was more concerned with the speed of the project and figured I was going to buy some anyway. We go down to the auto supply and all they have are Ford and Chrysler clips, nothing for GM. Same deal at the next store, and the next. I go to the nearest GM dealership only to have them tell me there is no part number for the retaining clips, the only way to get them is to order the entire fuel line. Since I don't really want to order 4 new fuel lines @ $50 per line, I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had this problem. Is there any source that sells just these clips? I even bought some ford clips to see if I could make them work, no luck. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Chris
'05 TB LT 4x4

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Oh, ok. Not what I thought you were talking about. Sorry can't help you. I thought you were talking about this
which is a pretty standard fastener and can usually be found at any parts store. I don't know if you could adapt it or not.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
I did the same level sender replacement job, and ordered the clips from RockAuto parts. They sell one set that provides the smaller sizes you need for this job. There were some bigger ones to the Carbon canister at the back, which fortunately I didn't break, so I did not need to replace those....

So, you can get them without having to buy a complete fuel line from GM!;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.