Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished replacing my Instrument panel lights with Led's and it looks great. I only have the daytime pic's will have night time pics if anyone is interested. Currently working on my Radio lights replacing t:)hem with blue Led's as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
That does look good. But to be honest, I'm tired of blue.

I'd like to put green or something in mine. Where did you get your LED's?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
if you just wanted to change the colored with out soldering in LEDs is it possible to just put in colored bulbs. Sorry to steal you thread just thought you would be able to answer quickly

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I got my Led's from Ebay, they are from a seller called e-comcyber, they are from china I paid 6.85 for 100 free shipping. Thought they would be cheap but so far they are more than I expected.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you just wanted to change the colored with out soldering in LEDs is it possible to just put in colored bulbs. Sorry to steal you thread just thought you would be able to answer quickly
Unfortunetly it isnt due to the fact the stock bulbs are soldered in and not just a plug in like they use to be. I also did the same to my aunt's 95 jeep cheeroke.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
I assume you had to mark all of your needles before removing

looks sick by the way:thumbsup::hail:

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts

not sure about your envoy, but on my TB the lens has a blue film laminated into it, without swapping out to a clear overlay the lights will have some degree of blue:(
:raspberry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK. Now a DIY man!! ThoseLED's are polarity sensitive....right? Meaning they can only be soldered in one way. Am I correct in this?
You would be right, they also have to have resistor's to dampen the power because the voltage is too high for them. All i did was used an led calculator and it basically tells you how to do it not that i needed the diagram.:thx

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
The only issue I have with doing this mod in this fashion is the "hot spots". If you look back at the first pic, you can see exactly where the LED's are. I did the same mod in my camaro with Orange LED's. After about 3 weeks, the gage face where the LED's were was slightly washed out. About 4 months after, I ended up taking the face off, pulling the LEDs, replacing the stock bulbs, and putting a new set of white faced gages in. Just wanted to let you know of my experience. Does look pretty sick though...well done....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.