Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replace my K&N drop in with an AFE Dry-flo drop in filter...no oiling, cleanable and possibly better filtering. I picked it up from Summit this morning (special order). The part number is: AFE-21-33507 if anyone is interested.

I also gutted the airbox...pics below.

Matt

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Can you post a pic of the gutted airbox with the filter in place? Did you open up the front of the box? Can you tell a difference in the filter and do you want to sell the K N?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:iagree: plus, there's not enough room to put the camera down there to take a pic. Haven't driven it yet, but I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference.

As for selling the K&N, I'm going to keep it as a spare for the moment, but the AFE actually only cost $39.XX with tax so it's cheaper than a K&N anyway.

Matt

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Can you post a pic of the gutted airbox with the filter in place? Did you open up the front of the box? Can you tell a difference in the filter and do you want to sell the K N?
I have a K&N drop in for sale. I switched to a complete CAI setup and no longer need the drop in.

I'll clean and oil it before shipping. How about $30 + shipping costs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.