Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Trailblazer LT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bad speed sensor on the right front which caused the ABS to engage prematurely and pull to the right under normal to hard braking. I replaced both front hubs and the braking issues were resolved but I still get the intermittent lights come on after hard braking. Is there something I have to reset. I do not have an OBDII scanner that does ABS & SRS codes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,054 Posts
I had a bad speed sensor on the right front which caused the ABS to engage prematurely and pull to the right under normal to hard braking. I replaced both front hubs and the braking issues were resolved but I still get the intermittent lights come on after hard braking. Is there something I have to reset. I do not have an OBDII scanner that does ABS & SRS codes. Any suggestions?
A $12 bluetooth obd2 adapter and a little homework on what app to use will get you the EBCM (ABS) and other codes. Also highly rated Autel AP200 for about $70 online or $50 for the Walmart version will also get you those codes and more. One of these would be my approach.

·
Registered
2009 Trailblazer LT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A $12 bluetooth obd2 adapter and a little homework on what app to use will get you the EBCM (ABS) and other codes. Also highly rated Autel AP200 for about $70 online or $50 for the Walmart version will also get you those codes and more. One of these would be my approach.
I have the OBD2 adapater that I use for engine codes etc. with the Torque app. Do you happen to know which one will do the EBCM codes?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,054 Posts
I have the OBD2 adapater that I use for engine codes etc. with the Torque app. Do you happen to know which one will do the EBCM codes?
So here's the 'thing'.

Just how "techy" are you?

Not so much? Then the Autel is the way to go.

But if you are a tinkerer and comfortable trying things others wouldn't attempt I could post up somethings to try.

·
Registered
2009 Trailblazer LT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here's the 'thing'.

Just how "techy" are you?

Not so much? Then the Autel is the way to go.

But if you are a tinkerer and comfortable trying things others wouldn't attempt I could post up somethings to try.
I consider myself "techy" but since it's subjective, you might think I am not even close! I am normally willing to try most things when it comes to tech but a lot of it has to do with the time involved. Between work and the dog rescue we do, my "free" time is extremely limited. I do appreciate any help I get!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts