Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys but I have another "fan clutch" thread. I was hearing a clicking sound on my 03 trailblazer (100K miles) that disappeared when I disconnected the link to the fan clutch. From what I have been reading, that is a classic sign that it is about to go. Then I started getting engine coolant temperature SES messages. So I replaced the fan clutch, serpentine belt, thermostat and temperature sensor. Took me all day (only had to take the alternator off twice) but I got the job done thanks to the many threads out there.

The Aftermath:
No more SES warnings and temperature is rock solid at 210 degrees but I still have the clicking sound (about 2 per second) coming from the general fan clutch area. Clicking sound only occurs when vehicle is up to temperature (about 210). Tonight I unplugged the fan clutch while it was clicking and the clicking immediately stopped and did not resume. Another thing... the fan is always spinning. I thought the clutch caused it to spin only when needed. If I am wrong about that, somebody set me on the straight and narrow!

My thought was water pump now I truly have no idea.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose the problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts