Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 Buick Rainier and it came factory with the navigation system and the Bose speakers. My first question is, I keep hearing LUX and NON-LUX; what is the difference, and which one do I have?

Also, the CD player does NOT work, therefore the Navigation does not work. Should just replace the Nav System with OEM, or with aftermarket?

I would rather aftermarket because I want to keep the XM & Nav and add Built-In Bluetooth and iPod jack. However, when I called a local stereo shop, they basically told me it would cost $1500 and I would lose the rear audio but be able to keep the steering wheel controls. I know there is a way to keep it all, but I can't seem to find the right stereo and all the wires needed... Please, someone with an 04 Buick Rainier with an aftermarket stereo, HELP! And if you have any pics, please post!

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add that the only stereo I could find was the Delphi TNR800 which basically gives me the navigation back with all my controls; however, its not Bluetooth nor iPod capable.

I have searched all through the internet and forums and have not found one person who has changed out their GM Navigation System for an aftermarket!

Even if you don't have one, but have any kind of information, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.