Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found that I have a bad lower balljoint on the pass side. Should I replace both upper and lower or both lower or just the bad one. I am having new shocks installed on both sides so they will be in there.

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,102 Posts
I did all 4 of mine when the boots went bad. I'm sure the ball joints still had some life left. BUT I did them myself at my shop. I would do all 4 with quality parts and just get it over with

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
?

Whatever happened to if it ain't broke don't fix it. :bonk: Now i know your mother's must have told you this a million times lol. I would replace only the one. Why spend the money to fix something that doesn't need fixing. You never know why they went bad. I mean the one could have gone prematurely because dirt got in it. Then it would just be a waste. :m2: i guess if you are having someone else do it it may be cheaper in the long run but if your doing it yourself i would hold off.

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
41 Posts
Whatever happened to if it ain't broke don't fix it. :bonk: Now i know your mother's must have told you this a million times lol. I would replace only the one. Why spend the money to fix something that doesn't need fixing. You never know why they went bad. I mean the one could have gone prematurely because dirt got in it. Then it would just be a waste. :m2: i guess if you are having someone else do it it may be cheaper in the long run but if your doing it yourself i would hold off.
You don't want one side to have more play in it then the other. You shouldn't replace 1 tire only or just 1 set of brake pads. When mechanical wear occurs on parts, pairs need replacing, not just 1. Replacing one is a formula for disaster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.