Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front Disconnect Vent

Wow lots of good reading on the front disconnect. Took mine apart bearings seemed good, fork was OK but I put in a new Doorman. Cleaned and re- greased, grease was very clean and outer seal was good. When the actuator is removed there is an opening into the disconnect gear area through the fork. This may let you went out some pressure if you put grease fittings on as a way of greasing without taking it apart. Best not to pack it too full of grease, the instructions that came with the Doorman fork says to use 1.86-2.20 ounces of a high quality full synthetic high temperature wheel bearing grease.
Thanks to all that have posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Got a 2004 Envoy and a few years back the 4wd started working intermitantly then not at all. Since this is a secondary vehicle didn't want to spend a lot and went to salvage yard for parts which were said to have worked when removed. Started with TCCM and the actuator on transfer case, then transfer case, but no success. Now just bought a NEW actuator at the right front behind the hub and axle. NOW I hear a whining at that actuator which I'm thinking is it is engaging my front hubs which wasn't there before and so believe I'm getting somewhere. But still no 4wd. So what could possibly be left - axle disconnnect housing? So far I have about $225 into this and lots of hours. Thanks!

101 - 102 of 102 Posts