Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The compressor on my 03 Voy 4WD XL blew a few month back and I've been inflating the bags manually about every 5-6 days through the schrader valve with a member recommended t-coupling patch. I have a set of lightly used OE springs that cost about $50. My question: if I can get a new OE compressor installed for about $650 am I better off long term. I plan to keep the Voy another 3-4 years and use it for light duty stuff....but may tow a 20' boat. No other air suspension problems or bag leaks. Will I notice a ride difference with rear springs or is it about the same other than auto leveling. Thanks!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
They fine-tuned the shocks a bit to go with air ride suspension, but if it was my vehicle, I'd look for an Ebay compressor for a lot less than $650 and put that in. Or install coil springs with Airlift 1000 helper bags inside for the times you have to tow and want to bump up the rear end to compensate. Search for airlift and you'll find a lot to read up on. I did the Airlift bags plus the Airlift compressor/controller for around $200. It's manual, not auto leveling, but a lot more convenient than a Schrader valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.