Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer & I’ve had my reduced engine power light on for some time. I changed out both the throttle body (this needed to be done regardless of the light) as well as putting in a new accelerator pedal sensor yet my light has came back on twice from not being on for about a week or two & my code came back after resetting my computer and taking the code off. Any suggestions on this? I do have a fan sensor code coming up but I’m getting that fixed in the next week or so. Idk wether or not it’s my computer messing up or what.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
258 Posts
Try unplugging the fan clutch. I believe I recall seeing in a couple of places that the 5 volt reference voltage circuit is shared with the throttle body, and if the fan clutch goes bad, it draws down the 5 volt reference voltage and the PCM sees it as a fault, and goes into the Reduced Engine Power mode to protect the engine.

Drive around a bit with the AC off and if the REP light goes out and stays out then you know you have a problem with the fan clutch.

I'm going on memory here and nit direct experience so if it does not work, my apologies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try unplugging the fan clutch. I believe I recall seeing in a couple of places that the 5 volt reference voltage circuit is shared with the throttle body, and if the fan clutch goes bad, it draws down the 5 volt reference voltage and the PCM sees it as a fault, and goes into the Reduced Engine Power mode to protect the engine.

Drive around a bit with the AC off and if the REP light goes out and stays out then you know you have a problem with the fan clutch.

I'm going on memory here and nit direct experience so if it does not work, my apologies.
No worries, it only sucks because I have no air 😭 my hose is cut so I’m not sure what to do with that. I’m pretty new to this car stuff. After I put in my fan clutch I will see if there’s a difference and if my REP light does come back on or not

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
258 Posts
It doesn't matter if the AC is functional or not. An electrically bad fan clutch is what causes the problem. You can disconnect the fan clutch to verify if that's the problem or not. Remember, an OBD II code identifies a problem area, not a specific part. Diagnostics must be done in order to determine if the part is bad, if there is a wiring problem (like a broken wire, a wire where the insulation has rubbed off and it's grounding out, etc.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts