Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to the site and I had a problem yesterday. I have a 04 Trailblazer with 97,000 miles. LS 4X4 with no modifications. I was at a stop light and the light turned green I pressed the accelerator pedal the engine coughed a little and the REP light came on. I was able to make it thru the light, but I when I pressed the accelerator the engine RPM's would not go at all. I stopped and put it in neutral and pressed the gas and had the same thing happen of RPM's not changing. I put the car in park and tried it again with no luck. I turned the car off and restarted it and the REP light was gone and the car acted like nothing happened.

Does anyone have any suggestions?????

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
It's difficult to say without a diagnostic code. It most likely stored a code which can be retrieved with a scanner. Then we can go from there. c good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to Autozone and had them read the codes and they are below
P0410, P0128, P1680

This morning while driving my Oil Pressure guage went to zero. I stopped and checked the oil, it was fine. I also noticed my Tach and Speedo are very jumpy.

Looks like I have a few problems to work on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
82 Posts
It sounds like you have an electrical problem, check the connection for the dash cluster and see if it fixes your gauges not working properly. As for your codes, search the forums and you'll find out what each one means and ways to get them fixed.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
82 Posts
I pulled this from another post...

Models: 2004 Buick Rainier

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

2004 GMC Envoy

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada

with 4.2L Engine (VIN S - RPO LL8)

Some customers may comment on the Service Engine Soon Light coming on. Upon investigation, the technician may find a P1680 diagnostic trouble codeCheck the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensors using the procedure in the appropriate Service Information for DTC P1680.

If the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensor is within the specifications shown in the Service Information and the vehicle was built prior to the following VIN breakpoints, then reprogram the PCM with the latest calibration.

If the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensor is within the specifications shown in the Service Information and the vehicle was built after the following VIN breakpoints, then replace the PCM. If the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensor is outside the specifications shown in the Service Information, then continue with the diagnostics for DTC P1680.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
82 Posts
Here's another...

You have an '04 (please fill out your profile info), did you ever get the latest software update for the vehicles PCM?

Your P1680 is an accelerator pedal position sensor code; and the check for it is as follows:

Quote:
1. Turn OFF the ignition.
2. Disconnect the accelerator pedal connector
3. Ensure that the pedal is at the rest position.
4. Measure the resistance from the 5-volt reference of the accelerator pedal assembly to the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor 2 signal of the accelerator pedal assembly with a DMM.

Is the resistance less than the specified value of 450 Ohms?
If the resistance is below 450 Ohms, the accelerator pedal assembly needs to be replaced; if it is above, you definitely need the PCM update

As previously mentioned, your AIR system will need to be checked for the P0410 code, and the P0128 is triggered by the coolant not reaching operating temperature (176 degrees F) within a per-determined period of time.

Have you done / do you have any engine or performance mods?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks loveless,

I will be checking these things tonight.

My trailblazer is stock with no mods.

I purchased a new thermostat and will change it this weekend, along with the antifreeze. I am getting close to 100,000 miles.

I will update you with what I find for the accelerator assy.

Vince

1 - 10 of 10 Posts