Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've tried searching and looking at many different threads, but I couldn't find the answer to what I want to know.

I just recently lifted my TB and got new wheels and tires and I did not even think to get TMPS installed in them, nor do I care if I have it. So I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the system so I don't have to see the light or read it on the DIC?

Also will not having it eventually throw any other problem codes or anything? I don't want to have the tires taken off and the sensors put in. I'm also just fine with putting a piece of black tape over the light as I don't care about the system at all.

Let me know if any of you guys has been running w/o the sensors or what you have done.

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Thanks for replying. Heh, I guess for that matter one could remove the bulb.

I read somewhere some guy put all his on the spare. I wonder if strapping all four of them to the spare would work.

I also read the receiver looks for a 315 mhz signal. Wonder if some type of mod could be wired up.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I don't know. I just happened to sell my factory wheels w/ the TPMS and didn't even think about it, since I never looked at it in the DIC.

After the lift and new wheels/tires, the light annoyed me a bit. Now I'm used to it and the tape keeps the glare down at night. Haha. But it'd be cool if something was able to kill it completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts