Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the top dash cover? I have a vibrating sound like a clip broke on the passenger side under the dash between the tweeter and defrost vent. When I push on that area on the dash I can hear a clicking. How easy/difficult is it to remove? Is it just clips?

If you're in the "Chevy Trailblazer Fan Club" on Facebook, here is a link with the video:

TIA,
bryan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone removed the top dash cover? I have a vibrating sound like a clip broke on the passenger side under the dash between the tweeter and defrost vent. When I push on that area on the dash I can hear a clicking. How easy/difficult is it to remove? Is it just clips?

If you're in the "Chevy Trailblazer Fan Club" on Facebook, here is a link with the video:

TIA,
bryan
Hard to tell....do a little troubleshooting before you tear dash out....pull wiper blade....is it ONLY happening at speed? It sounds like it MAY be your fan! Is the fan on or off when it happens? Is there a loose rubber molding under the hood? Sorry I KNOW how annoying these gremlins are...BUT THE LAST THING I WOULD DO is pull the dash!!! The GOOD NEWS!! If it is the fan it’s pretty easy to replace....BUT DON’T just change it!! While you have it out....inspect compartment to be sure there isn’t a piece of paper, leaves Etc before you put new fan in!!! Looks like your in Mass!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts