Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
theres numerous threads on this... heres mine,,,cut them apart with a dremel,,take the amber out,,the epxoy them back together.....

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
I found using the heat gun was pretty simple. The first headlight was my learning curve the second went smooth once I knew the tricks. I posted a thread on it here......
NOTE there is a guyon ebay who will sell you BOTH headlights for $130 total brand new with lights. so you can work on those, so you have beautiful non weathered lenses too!
his link is in my thread.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=55834&highlight=oven

After the first light you realize you really dont need much heat, too much heat makes plastic get pliable!

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
On an Envoy, dremel on the back side, carpenters knife to cut through the adhesive, and gentle prying will be the best best. I've done some sets of TB lights and the principle is the same(except for all the crap in the middle on the TB lights:suicide:)

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
On an Envoy, dremel on the back side, carpenters knife to cut through the adhesive, and gentle prying will be the best best. I've done some sets of TB lights and the principle is the same(except for all the crap in the middle on the TB lights:suicide:)
Course noting the differences between dremel and heatgun.
heatgun when you put them back together you just apply heat and muscle, some more heat and muscle and your done. I used the bear hug technique with the "wheres my effn money man" thoughts for more force.
dremel you have to get epoxy make sure your lenses are still level etc

But regardless replacements are only $130 for both and free lights with them
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120419172172
so get 2 and play around! you can even get an extra set so you can do a projector project too!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
Ah nice, I cant find chrome letters that big and especially that well made!
I am getting close to just buying a chrome machine! ;)
yeeah mine are very well made,,not that plastic plated chrome crap...the emblem brobably weights 5lbs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.