Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove just the crossbars and not the whole roof rack anybody know how????

I went out and lifted the tabs on them and pulled-did not want to break anything, so decided I would just ask-let me know.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
666 Posts
I want to remove just the crossbars and not the whole roof rack anybody know how????

I went out and lifted the tabs on them and pulled-did not want to break anything, so decided I would just ask-let me know.
As everyone else would probably say try using the search option, this has been covered many times. But lift the tabs and just slide them out obviously sliding the front one out first. But remember for later the search button is your friend.:tiphat

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As everyone else would probably say try using the search option, this has been covered many times. But lift the tabs and just slide them out obviously sliding the front one out first. But remember for later the search button is your friend.:tiphat
not to act like an a $ $ but I did use the search button-everything was removing the whole rack-which did not include a crossbar section or when searching crossbars a lot of grille questions came up-I looked for about 10 min through different posts-thanks for your help though:thx

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Searched for "Removing Roof Rack Crossbars" and found this thread. Joined up just to read it!

I tried to remove the plastic caps earlier today on the 2004 Envoy I just got yesterday and stopped, not wanting to snap off plastic tabs. Failed to see the release slots on the *inboard* side pictured in the older thread.

Went out into the cold night and popped them off just now. Slid off the crossbars with ease.

Looks better. Easier to clean. Easier to remove snow. Probably more aerodynamic as well!

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
1 Posts
Chrome style Roof rack covers

Hi! My first week on this site, AND my first post.

Adding this onto this thread, as I think it fits.

I just received my father's 2004 Envoy from his estate. An XUV with the sliding rear roof. It has the Top rail roof rack system, as in this thread, but instead of the pop off front rail covers, there is a streamlined two piece chrome and plastic fairing covering the outside of the racks from the front down to the rear tailgate.

Using this thread, I assumed I would remove the front portion. I found two small oval flush caps in the front/top of the fairing, Great! Popped one off to find a torx screw & washer holding the fairing down, life is good!

Now, I just need the trick to remove the front fairing piece. Seems to be interlocked with the back section right behind the driver's door/B post area.
I thought I would lift the nose slightly and slide it forward, but it would not move with the trial effort I used.

Is this the true path to the roof rack path, or have I strayed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The man ask about the cross bar removal, didn't ask you about the damn search button! Man i hate a smart ass!

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
274 Posts
The man ask about the cross bar removal, didn't ask you about the damn search button! Man i hate a smart ass!
Seems to me he gave a valid helping answer , plus a suggestion .
Nothing smart ass about it .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts