Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I was wondering if there was any way that i could remove/disable the rev-limiter. I was hoping to do this with little cost, and wondering if it could be done without the $400+ performance chip. Or is getting the performance chip the only way you can get at this?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
303 Posts
Chips are of no use on these trucks. The PCM quickly "relearns" the chip and goes back to normal paramaters. Only way is to get a tune. Check out PCMFORLESS. A vendor on the site. Most folks swear by their tunes. No where near $400 either!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
What's with your choice of tags?:undecided
chip, performance,.., sex???

that is what I was wondering????
I thought I remembered something similar from a older thread. Martin, is this gonna be your trademark? :rotfl:

If you've got a performance shop near you, they should be able to tune your truck to specs that better fit how you want it to drive. I'm pretty sure by the responses on this thread, and your one from last year, you can see how forum members feel about those performance chips. :nono:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol. I have a trailblazer, but i treat it like a camaro, thanks blackshadow you made me laugh. K and thanks I will go to the shop and see what they can do for me.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Actually, good point. You buy a LOT more performance by having the tune remove some/most of the torque management. But that requires a bit more reading about the capabilities and options of a tune.

·
Vendor
2006 chevy
178 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts