Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering is anyone has had any experience, luck or has any input on the hole blow dryer and air duster dent removal process. Here is a link to the process,http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-dents-quickly-and-cheaply, there is one with dry ice, another with a blow dryer/air duster, another with a lighter/air duster.

Reason I'm asking is my Silverado has a dent, not deep at all, very shallow, no creases, that i would like to pop out on the cheap. No idea how it got there. Before i go trying this though i would like some input.

Any help would be great. Or if you have other methods let me know. Otherwise i guess it will be a trip to the body shop.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
There are a lot of things showing this on yourtube.com Supposedly if you get it to work it just dents back up after it sits in the sun again.

It all depends on the dent. if the metal is bent in it is deformed in so it will just go back after it is heated up again. but again it all depends on the dent.

There are also things at places like walmart that will "hotglue" a pin tothe dent and you yank on it to pull out the dent, but still again it all depends on the dent.
if it is in a door, it doesn't really take much skill to take off the inside stuff on the door to reach your arm in to push a dent out.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I gave it a shot, no luck. If i was anyone else i would save the $10 on the air duster and put it towards a pro. I'm going to look into having it popped out via a body shop in town that does PDR (Paintless dent removal). Hopefully the price is modest.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts