Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P0340 code and was going to pull the connector off but can't figure out how to do that w/o breaking it. I also read some posts concerning oil on the sensors... Will dirty oil cause the P0340 code? I know I'm about due for an oil change as it has been nearly 22K mile since the last one.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...22K mile since the last one.
Yes. Dirty oil has been reported to do that. There are usually little interlocks on the connectors and you often have to look closely and use a small screwdriver to release them.

But please let us know about that 22K mile interval. The oil life monitor system MUST have been screaming "CHANGE ME" for a long time.

What could possibly motivate you to go so long? We know the 3K recommended by the JiffyLube places is criminally too short, but 22K is well into vehicle-abuse territory. IMHO. YMMV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Dirty oil has been reported to do that. There are usually little interlocks on the connectors and you often have to look closely and use a small screwdriver to release them.

But please let us know about that 22K mile interval. The oil life monitor system MUST have been screaming "CHANGE ME" for a long time.

What could possibly motivate you to go so long? We know the 3K recommended by the JiffyLube places is criminally too short, but 22K is well into vehicle-abuse territory. IMHO. YMMV.

AMSOIL baby. :thumbsup: 12,500 miles between filter changes and 25K miles on the oil. I actually go 6 months on filters and 12 months on oil now. I'll change the oil tomorrow though.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I have a P0340 code and was going to pull the connector off but can't figure out how to do that w/o breaking it. .
You pull straight back the gray retainer clip about 1/2 way, then press the center of the black connector with a finger as you pull the connector to unplug it.

My cam actuator solenoid has been seeping oil since 2002, and it still works fine. I made a gasket of rubber to fit down into the socket which stopped 99% of the oil seepage around the pins. I bought a spare a long time ago but have never needed to install it. The solenoid has fine screen over some of the oil ports which can get sludged or clogged up if the oil gets contaminated. You would have to take the power steering pump loose and out of the way to pull out the solenoid and check the condition of those screens. There were even some that screens came off and did major damage to the engine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just had the P0340 code and my sensor was bad...amazing I buy an engine with 6k on it and it has a bad cam sensor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts