Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 and Im thinking about removing the side mouldings. I used to work at a body shop and I remember some cars have small holes in the door where tabs on the back of the moulding go. I just want to make sure if I take the mouldings off my TB there aren't going to be any little holes. Are our TB's side mouldings only glued on with 2 sided tape?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
I have an 05 and Im thinking about removing the side mouldings. I used to work at a body shop and I remember some cars have small holes in the door where tabs on the back of the moulding go. I just want to make sure if I take the mouldings off my TB there aren't going to be any little holes. Are our TB's side mouldings only glued on with 2 sided tape?
future reference use the search button on the top...only double sided tape...check my galery for before and after

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
The molding removal looks great! Did you just hit it with a heat gun to facilitate removal?
welcome!

i actually used a hairdryer to loosen it up. i started from the front side of the peice just enoguh to pull back the corner. once it was loosened, i slid some fishing line behind just to loosen it a little further so that i could fit my hand to grip it, then i just pulled!

rinse and repeat

it left a slight glue residue from where it was, i just took one of those big 3rd grader pinky eraser and rubbed it out. then washed and waxed and its good to go.

any more questions let me kno :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts