Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My hands are covered in dirt and blood - so I'm typing two fingers. Please forgive.

2003 Trailblazer-doing the T-stat-got the alt unhooked-but how do you get it out??? This is the most unreal thing I've ever done,just to unplug and unhook the back has been a nightmare. Do I need to unhook the bracket holding the the airlines?

I've tried search - no help

Thx All

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
you would have to remove the alternator to change the T-stat..if thats what you're asking..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes - I cant get the alt out. I've turned it everyway I can. It does come out from the top, yes? I know I shouldn't have to take the fan off. I'm sure it cant go out the bottom. I dont know what to do.

Thx for helping

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rbarrios to the rescue!!

Thank You!!!!

Let me get back out there - doing it in grass and with flashlight not making it easy - but the pics sure help

thank you

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
it is possible to get to the t- stat by jacking the left side of your trailvoy up going through the wheel well but its not much fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All Done!!!!

WOW - That was a PITA!!!!!! And I thought doing my fan clutch and water pump was bad!

Thanks again for the help all and Happy New Year!!!!

~Urkslaven~

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
30 Posts
I have had to replace mine twice in one year. It is a pain in the rear. The best tool to have is a wratching wrench for the bottom bolt. I took out and replaced alternator from the top. You just have to angle it around a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts