Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
97 Posts
did the resonater delete this morning and it sounds alright. not quit loud enough for me. thinking about changing the muffler to a chambered exhaust
pipe. I have heard the GMMG chambered exhaust on camaro's and it sound's wonderful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
deleting resonator tomorrow

Well I had a flowmaster put on a few months ago cause the ones I had on my mustang sounded esome, but it still isn't as loud as I wanted. I am a daily driver but only 12 miles a day, so I'm hoping taking the resonator off won't be too loud, but anyways trying it tomorrow. I'll try to post a sound clip.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
372 Posts
ok juts to let you know the resonator is the big long empty thing in the middle of the truck that lets the exhaust resonate before passing down to the big heavy dense MUFFLER that is packed with insulation to muffle the sound of the exiting exhaust. If you were to take a resonator off the sound should still sound the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok juts to let you know the resonator is the big long empty thing in the middle of the truck that lets the exhaust resonate before passing down to the big heavy dense MUFFLER that is packed with insulation to muffle the sound of the exiting exhaust. If you were to take a resonator off the sound should still sound the same.
wrong, the part in the middle of the truck is the muffler, the part on the end near the tip is the resonator

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
97 Posts
wrong, the part in the middle of the truck is the muffler, the part on the end near the tip is the resonator
Right. If you replace the coffee can you can see from the backside with a muffler, well then you, my friend, can consider yourself double-muffled. I've seen it done...Guys using a 1->2 muffler and strapping it on *not only* in place of the resonator, but as though it was a doubled exhaust tip.... :ugh:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts