Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have the crossbar removed off of my TB front and maybe put in the newer TB headlights and grill without that crossbar? Is this a really detailed job or would it just bolt into place?? ANy help would be awesome

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Well, for the headlights would be no problem, but for the newer grill you would also need the newer front bumper. It dips in the middle to accommodate the grill. Or you would have to cut off the bottom of the grill. Maybe section it if you are ambitious and can work with fiberglass.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, for the headlights would be no problem, but for the newer grill you would also need the newer front bumper. It dips in the middle to accommodate the grill. Or you would have to cut off the bottom of the grill. Maybe section it if you are ambitious and can work with fiberglass.
Would u happen to know if the newer front bumper bolts right on or would that have to be customized as well?

·
East Canada Chapter
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
404 Posts
The easiest/cheapest way to add the new style headlights is to measure and cut the ends of your current cross bar. Add the new lights and the grille should pop into place. No need to change bumpers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
Is it possible to have the crossbar removed off of my TB front and maybe put in the newer TB headlights and grill without that crossbar? Is this a really detailed job or would it just bolt into place?? ANy help would be awesome
if im not mistaken... wouldnt your 2008 already have the newer style grille without the long crossbar that extends into the headlights?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didnt know much about the body of the TB when i purchased it........if I knoew the 08 LT had the newer bumper/grill I wouldnt have purchased the LS. Someone even scared me into thinking that it wasnt an 08, that the VIN was swapped........then along came this forum and made my day a lot easier lol

He has the LS. The new front end only comes on the LT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts