Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so Im told I have a factory amp.. But, Silly as it may seem, I can't loacte it.. Reason for wanting to do such is because I have bought an active enclose (box w/sub and amp built on). I have stayed with the factory head unit and using a converter to get sound. So, im looking for the factory amps remote to tap in. I've ran my remote to several pos+ remote wires in the radio harness but the subs won't play. I was told i have to tap into the factory amps remote for it to work because im running the converter. If anyone has the similar bose system and knows the color code or has a wiring diagram for this system. please help.. :thx

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
I don't think that will work because the factory amp in the car is turned on by a data signal which will display less than 12 volts ( i think somewhere between 4-6 is what it shows) on a multimeter. 12 volts is needed for the amp turn on to work correctly. There are three ways to get a turn on siganl for the amp. 1) buy a aftermarket radio along with the correct adapter like the gmos-04 and it will give you a acessory power and the aftermarket radio will give you a amp turn on. 2) find a switched power source with in your case would be at the ignition switch or running through the car on the side. 3) Find a constant power source and add a switch to it in line with the amp and manually turn it on and off. Hope this helps.

· Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
115 Posts
hey. I'm not positive where the amp is on your TB. Most the post on here that I've seen say it's behind the panel on the passenger side in the rear compartment. I have a 05 Envoy EXT and it is on the drivers side, it was also there on my 03 Envoy EXT aswell. I'm guessing your TB will have it in the same place aswell where its an EXT, and that the other post where refering to the short wheel base models, but thats just a guess. The factory amp remote wire is the pink one on the larger of the two plugs. I don't know if this will have enough power or not to run your amps remote or not. I just rean a remote wire from the fuse box under the middle row drivers side seat. I used a add-a-fuse, and believe it was the fuse for the rear wipers i tapped into but am not positive. Hope this helps somewhat

Good Luck

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,335 Posts
The factory amp remote wire is the pink one on the larger of the two plugs.
Good Luck
That's only for 2005 on up.
The 2002-04 there isn't one - you have to find and alternative - preferably a fuse that has the retained acc. power.

Edit - you can temporarily hook the remote wire to the amps pos. wire. Doing that, your amps will be on all the time - just do that to see if everything else is OK.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Everyone who helped..

I have found my amp..It's remote is the pink.. Everything works fine, just had that power source problem. I just ran it to my battery and put a switch in-line.. I was done messing with that thing.. But yeah, it all works well. I ran the converter off my rear channel.. i unplugged my speakers and ran the whole channel to the converter.. The sub pound.. The factory system still sound sensational... Again, thanks for everyone who helped.. If anyone has any questions about this topic feel free to PM me.. I've got some hours inside that truck and have since figured some things out.. peace:thx:thx:thx

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,335 Posts
I have found my amp..It's remote is the pink.. Everything works fine, just had that power source problem. I just ran it to my battery and put a switch in-line..
You say you found your amp and the remote is the pink wire, but you didn't use it.
I'm curious on 2 points.
1. Since you didn't use it, are you sure it has switched RAP 12V power?
2. If so, why didn't you use it?

I'm almost positive the 02-04 don't have the pink remote wire at the amp. If they do, I stand corrected - would like a pic for future ref.

Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
Ignition wire.

Where is the ignition wire I need to tap into if I have a NON Bose system? The pink wire has the fluctuating current. I do not want an ugly aftermarket switch in my dash.

ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE!!!!!

2006 trailblazer ls

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.