Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '03 Trailblazer EXT that has a remote starter from the factory. However, the dealer did not have the remote and would charge $200 to get/program one. Does anyone know where else I can get one?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I just bought an '03 Trailblazer EXT that has a remote starter from the factory. However, the dealer did not have the remote and would charge $200 to get/program one. Does anyone know where else I can get one?
If it was from factory installed and no remote starter, I would recommend going to the dealer.....so if anything goes wrong its under warranty....if its aftermarket then go to a local repair shop that can do it for youM....good luck!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
There is nothing in the RPO code list about a remote start. It may have been a dealer install. If you check around, you should be able to get a complete remote system installed for less than $200.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
There has never been a factory remote start option on any GMT360/370/305 trucks (and never will). You are talking about the keyless entry fob, buy one or 2 off ebay for 20 bucks and program them to your truck. There are instructions on here and the good ebay sellers include them with your purchase too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts