Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a remote starter on my wife's Trailblazer as a Christmas gift. In looking for remote starters online I read someplace that some TB's may already have a remote start option installed and I would just need to get the remote. First off--is this true? Secondly--how can I find out if my TB has it?
If my TB doesn't have the remote start already, I need input on what to look for in remote starters.
I'm an electronics technician by trade, so installing a unit shouldn't be much trouble for me, but I just don't know what to look for.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
-Tom

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't find a definite answer about the Trailblazer being "Remote Ready". I did find a website that has a lot of information though. It's www.bulldogsecurity.com.

I ended up buying a new starter and new interface module through ebay. I paid about $160 total/shipped to me.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Nope, no GMT360s even had a factory remote start option. Anyone who says they did is mistaken. Just the keyless entry that is standard on all GMT360s (except an unfortunate few LSs).

You have to go with an aftermarket system to get remote start, if you just want to add remote start to the factory "alarm" thats an option too (but I wouldnt recommend it).

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
if you are looking for a car starter...I would recommend the astro starts....never had problems and very user friendly....second to that would be the compustar pro......these are the 2 I will buy...gl....thats :m2:

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
if you are looking for a car starter...I would recommend the astro starts....never had problems and very user friendly....second to that would be the compustar pro......these are the 2 I will buy...gl....thats :m2:
I agree, I have had both brands and would highly recommend them. They both have great range and the ones I had (Compustar) and have (astrostart), are both rugged and perform well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts